FUT scar repair/revision advice

Hi guys I need advice on drs or surgeons that will repair a FUT scar. Im not interested in SMP, more looking scar made smaller through surgery. Am I right in saying you can have scar surgically made smaller and then have FUE put into it? I'm also not seeing many websites posting their scar revisions that they claim to have done. Please help I've included a photo of the scar.

Screenshot_20210322-100655.jpg

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Hairni said:

Am I right in saying you can have scar surgically made smaller and then have FUE put into it?

Yes you can do that. You can also just have FUE put into the scar without trying to make the scar smaller first. Which one is best for you depends on several factors such as how wide is the scar, how much tension would there be with a scar correction (not enough laxity/too much tension may cause the new scar to stretch again), do you get keloid scarring and is the current scar keloid scarring (if it is then a new scar may do the same).

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators

I know Dr Lindsey has done a few scar revisions that he posted on this forum.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators

Scar revisions are tricky, I would probably get BHT in the scar instead. A combo of smp and BHT would probably be best.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Melvin can u recommend a doctor? I was thinking Dr.Bicer in Turkey or BHR clinic and DR.Mwamba. The scar for me is worse than having hair I'm considering BHT and having beard hair put into the scar, provided it doesn't leave scars on my face. I'm told it doesn't leave scars as the healing of beard is different. I need the best to work on my scar.

Edited by Hairni

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Hairni said:

I'm considering BHT and having beard hair put into the scar, provided it doesn't leave scars on my face. I'm told it doesn't leave scars as the healing of beard is different. I need the best to work on my scar.

Taking grafts from your beard leaves very minimal scarring. They will take the grafts from under the chin area, so it will be basically unnoticeable to everyone unless they are specifically looking for it... and that's if there are even any dot scars at all. I've had several thousand beard grafts and while you can see it if you get up close and look for it, nobody is ever really going to do that in normal situations and if they don't know it's transplant donor scars they won't even think about it. My family, friends, and coworkers have never noticed. If you only use 500 to 600 grafts for some scar repair then you will probably be totally undetectable.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

• Administrators
21 hours ago, Hairni said:

Melvin can u recommend a doctor? I was thinking Dr.Bicer in Turkey or BHR clinic and DR.Mwamba. The scar for me is worse than having hair I'm considering BHT and having beard hair put into the scar, provided it doesn't leave scars on my face. I'm told it doesn't leave scars as the healing of beard is different. I need the best to work on my scar.

Those are all good names, where are you located?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I'm located in Northern Ireland, Im leaning more of getting FUE from beard into my scar. A doctor I contacted recommend this Chiara Insalaco in Rome. A few of the other Drs haven't got back to me, I imagine some are closed with covid. Dr.Bicer co ordinator has been in touch, so will hopefully here from Dr.Bicer soon.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Hairni said:

I'm located in Northern Ireland, Im leaning more of getting FUE from beard into my scar. A doctor I contacted recommend this Chiara Insalaco in Rome. A few of the other Drs haven't got back to me, I imagine some are closed with covid. Dr.Bicer co ordinator has been in touch, so will hopefully here from Dr.Bicer soon.

I’ve definitely been impressed, there’s a recent review here using BHT from Bicer, you should reach out to that guy via PM.

View my thread

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Hairni said:

Oh thank you, you rekon 600 grafts would be enough?

Sorry. I wasn't trying to give you a graft estimate. I was just saying that someone with 2500 grafts removed is more likely to have some visible scars than someone with much less grafts removed, so the graft number can make a difference in any scars being noticeable. However, I think scar repair is usually done at lower density than normally would be done.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)