going on propecia

greenmud

Hi Everyone,

So currently I am an NW2 but heading to a NW3, I have thin hair all over but still relatively dense and provided full coverage on my head. The crown is starting to thin and my fear is that it will be bald in a couple of years. I have been on Rogaine foam for the past 5 months consistently using it 2X day and haven't missed a day yet. I don't think its been helping with re-growth, my brother does feel that some parts of my head has gotten thicker but I feel like it has slowed down the balding but hasn't really stop it. I will continue to put it on, I don't think its that big of a deal its like brushing your teeth, so I don't see why people think its such a pain. The foam does dry so quickly. I was initially against using propecia but after seeing the pros and cons I decided to give it a try. I will provide updates as far as how its looks with the hair and of course the dreaded side effects. I am not expecting regrowth but if I can maintain what I have then that would be nice since I wouldn't need a hair transplant or anything like that, of course I will stop if the sides are there and will update people on it. Also I did have a quick question, so with propecia they say it will take 6-12 months before you notice anything, I am wondering will it keep the hair that I have now or will I continue to thin and it will keep the hair I have 12 months from now?