Hyper-acute Angulation

Dr. AP has presented the employment of hyper-acute angulation for those patients in the advanced classes of hairloss, Norwood 6 and 7.

The whole concept of hyper-acute angulation is to bring the degree of angulation down to approximately 15 - 20 degrees off the scalp. Instead of the hair growing at 30 degrees off the scalp, the hairs almost lie flat and does not interfere with styling preferences.

Since it is indeed the hair cylinders that provide coverage, the lower angulation provides a more enhanced illusion of coverage. There is less ultra-violet reflection off the scalp which is also helpful for those patients with a wider color contrast in the advanced classes.

If the patient has pre-existing grafts in the recipient area at an angle of say 45 degrees, hyper-acute angulations are not recommended due to potential transection of the hair roots. It is critical that new recipient sites created mimic the angulation of the initial sites.

With 30 degree angulation or even higher, the fully matured hair cylinders tend to produce an illusion of more volume "off the scalp" so to speak. As the degree of angulation is brought down, the eye tends to notice more coverage versus volume.

For those patients with a virgin scalp, hyper-acute angulation can be followed in susequent procedures to attain the best illusion of coverage. And coarser hair will simply add to this benefit of coverage.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Dr. AP has presented the employment of hyper-acute angulation for those patients in the advanced classes of hairloss, Norwood 6 and 7.

The whole concept of hyper-acute angulation is to bring the degree of angulation down to approximately 15 - 20 degrees off the scalp. Instead of the hair growing at 30 degrees off the scalp, the hairs almost lie flat and does not interfere with styling preferences.

Since it is indeed the hair cylinders that provide coverage, the lower angulation provides a more enhanced illusion of coverage. There is less ultra-violet reflection off the scalp which is also helpful for those patients with a wider color contrast in the advanced classes.

If the patient has pre-existing grafts in the recipient area at an angle of say 45 degrees, hyper-acute angulations are not recommended due to potential transection of the hair roots. It is critical that new recipient sites created mimic the angulation of the initial sites.

With 30 degree angulation or even higher, the fully matured hair cylinders tend to produce an illusion of more volume "off the scalp" so to speak. As the degree of angulation is brought down, the eye tends to notice more coverage versus volume.

For those patients with a virgin scalp, hyper-acute angulation can be followed in susequent procedures to attain the best illusion of coverage. And coarser hair will simply add to this benefit of coverage.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Sounds interesting, and make a lot of sense on the surface for those with limited donor hair, but as you mentioned, one must be virgin or previous HT could be at risk for transection. Looks like an option for low donor virgin scalps. Any pics would be great to see results.

Hi Gillenator,

I would like some info too on Dr.Arvind.

I have been following his posts and pics on some forums but could you fill us in some.

And pics will be right helpful. I know I will probably not be helped as I am not a "virgin" case but this hyperacute angulation intrigues me no end.

(My grafts, they just stand right up- 90 degrees I think).

Going to Dr.AP for Body hair transplant and fue

Guys,

I have e-mailed Dr. Arvind to post some pics and they are also available on his websites. You can also write to Dr. Triveni at his clinic as I do not maintain any of his clinical photos. I am not employed by Dr. Arvind so I am not involved in patient enrollments, etc. He is giving thought to doing some seminars in the US, and if so, I will be assisting him and Dr. Triveni with that.

Gillenator