Share my story

Petrandy

Hello,

This is my first time join in this forum. Every time I got chance, I always access to this web-site. I read a lot of story and some web-pages from the participants in this forum. It encourages me to do so. This is my first web-page: http://www.sphosting.com/petrandy/. Sorry, because of free web hosting, it will be had some pop-ups or ads.

-Andy-

Andy~Do not despair there is hope.I've seen far worst looking HT than yours.I have had inferior work done also but look forward to a corrective procedure shortly.You have done the right thing coming to this forum.Stay around and recieve some input/information from the veterans and top doc on this board regarding your condition.Good luck.

Borderlinehair~that was a poor comment buddy!

I can only concur with solid:

1. There is far worse around. A lot of us here (including myself) have been butchered by sad individuals who certainly don't deserve the term "surgeon" that you mention on your website.

2. There is hope. I strongly recommend that you have a look at Jotronic's website (jotowen.com). I think you will be able to relate to him as he pretty much looked like you and now he's become one of the ultimate HT sex symbols!

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Dear Andy,

My word you have certainly been through alot! What courage and vision you have. When you have time, read up on FUE/FIT technology because it may be very possible to have those plugs "thinned out" by extracting some of the F/Us within the plugs and then having the extracted hair placed back into the recipient area. This way they may not have to be "cut" out or excised by scalpel. There is far less visible scarring in most cases especially when treating the hairline area. It is also possible to have your hairline raised with this type of technology. It is very possible that thinning or removal of the plugs will in itself not be enough to achieve your appearance goals as you probably will want more density (coverage) in the frontal area and top of your scalp. Be sure to consider this investment as well, the fact you will probably want more coverage. But I do not want to speak for you without knowing your secondary goals so I will respectfully not impose anything on you. This is your personal decision after you have done more research. When you are ready, definitely have the evaluations done in person with surgeons who specializes in repair and also proven FUE/FIT experience. Make contact with more than one doctor. In other words get more than one opinion.

You appear to be a Norwood class 5a however your crown is still bearing some natural hair which may be saved through a medication called Propecia (finasteride). Look up the benefits of finasteride as well as any potential side effects on the internet. You have probably heard of minoxidil which has been available in generic form (cheaper cost). Both products are approved by the FDA for treating MPB.

Possibly your hairloss in the crown are not as much of a concern to you. But if the crown loss is important to you, there are ways as I have mentioned to address that area as well.

I wish you the very best in seeking solutions and thank you for being an inspiration to all of us. Take care Andy! icon_smile.gif

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hairworthy~Are you feeling alright guy?Did you have your Queen's tea this afternoon ?For you are starting to agree w/myself and other forumers!You better lie down and take a nap till U feel better icon_biggrin.gif