Is it ok to finally get a hairline transplant

Long time lurker and have held off on getting a transplant. I think its finally time and would like an answer to a couple of questions

• How much does a good surgeon charge per graft using the FUE method?
  • Is 32 still young to get a hairline transplant?
  • How many grafts should i be looking at here?

I have attached a few pictures so you guys can take a look at my hairline. 

Picture1.png

Picture2.png

Picture3.png

• Administrators

1. Depends on the surgeon in the US it ranges from $7-12 per graft. Europe 3-5 per graft. 

2. 32 definitely isn’t too young, but you need to understand you have a lot of hair left to lose. You should stabilize before thinking of surgery i.e finasteride and minoxidil. 

3. The number depends on the height you’d want your hairline. It looks like you have thinning on top. Can you show us a top down view?

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

47 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

1. Depends on the surgeon in the US it ranges from $7-12 per graft. Europe 3-5 per graft. 

2. 32 definitely isn’t too young, but you need to understand you have a lot of hair left to lose. You should stabilize before thinking of surgery i.e finasteride and minoxidil. 

3. The number depends on the height you’d want your hairline. It looks like you have thinning on top. Can you show us a top down view?

Here is a picture of my top.

Top.JPG

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, yeeaah said:

Here is a picture of my top.

Top.JPG

Are you on fin and minoxidil?

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

13 hours ago, yeeaah said:

Im on minoxidil but im not consistent. THat is all thought :/

As Melvin mentioned, you should be consistent with your finasteride and minoxidil usage. If you start getting side effects from the oral finasteride, try lowering the dosage and if you're still getting side effects, switch to topical finasteride. I'm starting to recommend my patients use oral minoxidil as well since it's been shown to be very effective. Consult with your physician first. 

You should consult with the surgeons recommended on here:

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN

As always, please feel free to reach out and let the community know how your journey goes.

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

• Administrators
13 hours ago, yeeaah said:

Im on minoxidil but im not consistent. THat is all thought :/

You should consider Finasteride, you have a lot of hair to lose. You wanna make sure you think long term. 

View my thread

On 2/11/2021 at 9:51 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

You should consider Finasteride, you have a lot of hair to lose. You wanna make sure you think long term. 

Thank you. 

Would you recommend fin along with a hairline transplant?

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, yeeaah said:

Thank you. 

Would you recommend fin along with a hairline transplant?

I recommend fin for at least 10 moments before getting a hair transplant. Just to make sure your hair is stable. In the meantime, you can really research hair transplants slowly.

View my thread

13 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I recommend fin for at least 10 moments before getting a hair transplant. Just to make sure your hair is stable. In the meantime, you can really research hair transplants slowly.

What do you mean by 10 moments? Are we talking months, years?