How can I achieve density with a HT when there are large sections of fine/miniaturized hair?

I have been on/off fin/min over the past few years, but have stuck to it pretty much everyday since 2020. I believe it's helping me hold onto hair that is miniaturizing with some minor regrowth in temples. However, they dont appear to be turning thick.

I went for a consultation back in Dec and was told that an FUT procedure can extract 3k grafts. The proposed plan was to pack the front and the mid scalp with a future operation addressing the crown. The doctor mentioned that he would plant the grafts next to miniaturized hairs just in the miniaturized hairs die out in the future.

My main concern is that there are large portions of my scalp all covered by fine/miniaturized hair. So is it ideal to work around it? I'm worried that there isn't enough bald spots between those hairs to insert grafts to give it the density thats required. 

hairpic1.thumb.jpg.08622fad9f75aa5a398382f0cca363b6.jpg1258427806_IMG_6703copy.thumb.jpg.aeec86cb7a5438155c0080cee4991625.jpg

Below are pics of my temple. The pink line represents where my hairline was a year ago. I appear to have extremely fine hair sprouting through, but can't tell if it will be terminal or not. I assume if i get a HT now, the doctor would just plant over those. Should I wait a few more months to see?

IMG_6703h.thumb.jpg.fd1b9388ddc82d94a2ff7e18d7b7c4ea.jpgIMG_67032.thumb.jpg.f282b9b874f4f1d30f83b95bd3be9bd3.jpg

Edited by cloudyhaze

The mid and crown is where you have the most loss. The front you still have a lot of healthy hairs and if you continue on Finasteride those should most likely stay that way. Between those 3000 grafts were you advised on how much would be transplanted in the front vs the mid? Who was the surgeon you consulted with?

@deitel130i consulted with Dr. Bloxham. He said with 3k grafts we can fix the front and midscalp, so basically filling up temples and in between the thinner areas in the front. If you look at my first 2 pics, there seems to be a wierd thinning pattern down the left side in the front.

• Administrators

What do you plan to restore first? The hairline or the crown?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, cloudyhaze said:

@deitel130i consulted with Dr. Bloxham. He said with 3k grafts we can fix the front and midscalp, so basically filling up temples and in between the thinner areas in the front. If you look at my first 2 pics, there seems to be a wierd thinning pattern down the left side in the front.

Dr. Bloxham has some great results so def a great choice. I guess he will probably fill wherever there is thinning in the front and probably put most in the mid where you have most lost.