Am I a lost cause?

7 hours ago, MarkLui said:

Genetics plays important role, as you know. How is the situation with your father, uncle/s. It will give you an idea if it's worth trying in order to achieve a long-term result.

My fathers side including my uncle and grandfather have lost their hair, however I’m not sure what age. My mothers side of the family have full heads of hair, so maybe I got unlucky. My younger brother has completely lost his hair (23), so maybe fin has slowed down my hair loss when comparing the two of us.

3 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

We are being polite, but also honest 😂 your at a point when you can go to a decent clinic and get a good result. Check out Melvins situation, as he said himself he was in a much worse position. And look at him now ! 

Haha that made me laugh. Thanks John, I agree Melvin has had a great result! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gareth said:

It's not noticeable AT ALL. And if it ever becomes noticeable - well, you've seen that you can get it back. Now stop worrying and enjoy life! 

I appreciate the words Gareth, I read once that if hair loss is the biggest worry in your life, then you have a pretty easy life. (Sometimes I need to focus on the bigger picture of enjoying my 20s instead of worrying about what I will look like during/after!)

Just now, Kieran2020 said:

I appreciate the words Gareth, I read once that if hair loss is the biggest worry in your life, then you have a pretty easy life. (Sometimes I need to focus on the bigger picture of enjoying my 20s instead of worrying about what I will look like during/after!)

Exactly. Such wise words! 

• Like 2

On 1/9/2021 at 6:39 PM, Kieran2020 said:

I agree, sometimes I wish I took it earlier even though I started taking fin at 19! I feel like I’ve read enough stories to be realistic, my hair will never be the same as I was when I was 16 - I just want to maintain and maybe improve in the future with a hair transplant, however I will continue with consultations for now and get a few suggestions. (Also thanks for replying 😁)

That's the right attitude!...😉

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY