Buzzing The Hair & Regaine Post-Op

I'm 3 weeks and 5 days out of surgery. I'd like to buzz my hair to a #4 all over at the weekend. It will probably barely cut anything but it should even out some of the slight discrepancies seen as a few chunks of hair were left unshaved upon surgery.

Is it safe to buzz my hair about 4 weeks after surgery? I've actually found at least two sources on the internet now that say it is not highly reccomended, although I think most people see no problem with it. One source suggests that it can upset grafts, or healing or something like that if you buzz it too soon.

Also with Regaine. My surgeon's written instructions said Regaine can be used from 3 weeks onwards, but in an email he sent me he said it can be used from 4 weeks onwards. Perhaps this has something to do with scabs and healing. Anyway, I started using Regaine yesterday - 3 weeks and 4 days post-op - surely this won't cause any complications? My head is pink and sensitive, many grafts have shed, many have not shed, many grafts have grown, quite a few have not grown at all but they are still there.

This is my current status.

Buzzing is ok after say 4 weeks/1 month. Pretty sure your going to be fine with using the Regaine from now. 
When will you updating your result thread ? Be interested to see current pics. 🙏

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 1

Ok. I was thinking of buzzing it Thursday or Friday, that would be the 4 week mark. How come you need to wait a month or so to buzz?

I'll try not to worry about starting Regaine so. Cheers.

I'll update my results thread on Sunday, by then I will be exactly 1 month out of surgery.

Cool. I've been rubbing my head out of habit lately I hope that's not upset anything.

So what if your scalp is still recovering and you buzz it, can it really damage your results? Can applying Regaine too early damage results too?

6 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

At one month out your going to be ok. Your not shaving your head, your buzzing to a 4. Look forward to the next pics 🙏 how pink/red is your scalp.? Is it improving ? 

Its probably about as pink/red as it should be I guess lol. Ok cool if its safe then that's good news.