Help me narrow down Dr.s for FUE chicago

7 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

Well and nicely said. Do not be afraid, I will!

Last comment in this thread: Maybe you should look for FUT too, if you aim for 5000 grafts in one setting! Not many clinics (and non of the discussed) can/will do this with FUE (and more often than not, those who do it, shouldn't do it). 

Good luck and this is honest without any sarcasm. Fighting hairloss is an long and ugly road and we are all on it. 

Thanks. The FUE vs FUT bit was very helpful info

43 minutes ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

In Chicago, I can personally give my highest recommendation to @Dr. Vladimir Panine. He's highly recommended over here and has a ton of results posted. You can PM him as well and he'll get back to you quickly. Feel free to PM me if you'd like. 

Thanks doc,

would 5k grafts in a single sitting be a reasonable request (if at the upper end)?

Let me first say that for 38 you're looking great. :) If you improve your hair (which is honestly not as bad as I imagined from your first post), you'll cheat a couple of more years. 

That donor area looks really healthy too. :) Seeing how you keep your hair medium length, a FUT scar shouldn't be a big issue. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, UnbaldEagle said:

Let me first say that for 38 you're looking great. :) If you improve your hair (which is honestly not as bad as I imagined from your first post), you'll cheat a couple of more years. 

That donor area looks really healthy too. :) Seeing how you keep your hair medium length, a FUT scar shouldn't be a big issue. 

Hey, thanks partner! Taking the pics forced me to look at the top of my scalp, and I was feeling a bit down until I read your post. Thanks for making my day a bit better!

• Thanks 1

Also,  you may not necessarily need 5K for your amount of hair loss, except if you really want to have a youthful and dense hairline. Not sure if that's a valid objective for the future. 😳

Some great docs like Konior could do wonders with 2-3K in your case, giving you full coverage and all.

There was a case posted today of a gentleman receiving 3K from a reputable clinic: My hair transplantation at HDC clinic

I believe his hair loss was far worse than yours. So I think both FUE and FUT are viable options for you. :)

• Like 2

Your hair loss looks pretty similar to mine, if not better off.  I just got a a 2,380 graft FUT from Konoir earlier this month.  So you may be overestimating your need with a good doctor who can make the grafts go far.  I'm actually just a couple years younger than you, similar hair color and skin tone... so yeah, I don't think you need 5,000 personally.

• Like 2

My Hair Transplant: 12/14/2020, 2,380 FUT, Dr. Konior
Medication:  Finasteride 1mg daily (most days I remember)

Just now, DenverBuff1989 said:

Dr. Konior and Dr. Nadimi are great and in the Chicago metro area. Be prepared tho for a long wait and paying a premium rate. 

You'd be surprised on the variability of the wait, if you're really flexible right now (I'm assuming he would be as a local) my appointment was randomly able to be moved up from August 2021 to two weeks ago, as people wind up with last minute changes and travel restrictions.  So, be willing to accept a wait, but know that you may get smiled upon.

13 minutes ago, uklex0608 said:

Your hair loss looks pretty similar to mine, if not better off.  I just got a a 2,380 graft FUT from Konoir earlier this month.  So you may be overestimating your need with a good doctor who can make the grafts go far.  I'm actually just a couple years younger than you, similar hair color and skin tone... so yeah, I don't think you need 5,000 personally.

Thanks for the help.

How long did you find you had to wait?

edit: Nevermind, saw the question was already answered.

Edited by Silverman82

My consult was mid July (virtual, submitted photos and corresponded through a couple emails).  I was offered July 2021 but dilly-dallied around the commitment as I was really hoping to get it done while work is remote.  I messaged back the first of September and the wait was then in August 2021, but was told that an opening had come open in December if I could shuffle things and make that work on shorter notice... so I jumped online and bought a plane ticket.

• Like 1