young one seeking advice

hello everyone,

I'm 23 and constantly losing hair(probably about nw2-3 now). Let me first tell you about my family history.

I have 4 uncles(aged 53, 57, 60, 65) from my fathers side (including 3 male cousins who are 37,40, 44) and 1 uncle from mothers side. My dad is nw 4 and uncles are all between nw5-6 all of their loss started after their late 30's. My cousins are all nw 4 now and one of them was nw4 by the time he was 24 but still he keeps the crown. Both my grandpas died in their late 70's as NW6.

Although it may seem like i'm destined to baldness, my mother has a serious thyroid problem occured couple of years ago and now she's using medication that she have to use everyday for the rest of her life. My pattern clearly shows mpb (thinning occuring as to nw4-5 but not too noticable)but recently i spotted some "spots" in my back(low) and sides near my ear that are thinning. They're like small circles and does not match with mpb.

My question is may that be related with thyroid and should i have it checked? If it's related with thyroid, can i be able to stop my hairloss? even re-gaining it?

Urizen,

The first thing you need to do is get an evaluation to determine the cause of your hair loss. If you're suffering from thyroid disease, the thinning will most likely stop once hormone levels have been stabilized.

It sounds like you also may be suffering from male pattern baldness, but I would not attempt to treat genetic alopecia without first ruling out any other potentially health-related issues.

Have you spoken with your doctor at all about these symptoms?

Best wishes,

Anthony (youngsuccess)

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website