Laser Comb

Hello mate,

I've used a laser comb 6-7 years ago back when I tried pretty much all experimental treatments besides the proven ones: fin, min, dut. 

So I used it for like 8 months religiously every day, sadly no improvements whatsoever. 

What worked for me was topical flutamide, mixed in minoxidil. Insane regrowth, at one point it seemed I'll pretty much regain most of my lost hair. Of course, I ended up having some nasty side effects so I wouldn't recommend it at all. Also, spironolactone at 200 mg did wonders, but again, sides like gyno, zero libido, etc.

Topical eptoin was great at increasing density everywhere apart from the temples. 

I tried RU58841 too, didn't work for me. Same for stemoxydine 5%. Never tried alfatradiol, but some people swear it's better than minox, there's a couple of limited, but promising studies on it. 

These are the treatments that come to my mind, but yeah, to answer your question, I don't think it's worth bothering with a laser comb. You'll probably get better results from a few sessions of PRP though. 

5 hours ago, UnbaldEagle said:

Hello mate,

I've used a laser comb 6-7 years ago back when I tried pretty much all experimental treatments besides the proven ones: fin, min, dut. 

So I used it for like 8 months religiously every day, sadly no improvements whatsoever. 

What worked for me was topical flutamide, mixed in minoxidil. Insane regrowth, at one point it seemed I'll pretty much regain most of my lost hair. Of course, I ended up having some nasty side effects so I wouldn't recommend it at all. Also, spironolactone at 200 mg did wonders, but again, sides like gyno, zero libido, etc.

Topical eptoin was great at increasing density everywhere apart from the temples. 

I tried RU58841 too, didn't work for me. Same for stemoxydine 5%. Never tried alfatradiol, but some people swear it's better than minox, there's a couple of limited, but promising studies on it. 

These are the treatments that come to my mind, but yeah, to answer your question, I don't think it's worth bothering with a laser comb. You'll probably get better results from a few sessions of PRP though. 

Ah I see. Ok I won't bother buying a laser comb so. Thanks for telling me about it.

I googled flutamide there and the first thing I see is that 30% of people experience bad side effects, so, I won't be going down that route. I've been on finasteride for 4 months and I'm going to start using Regaine too after I have a hair transplant. I don't know what spironolactone. Is it safe? If not I'll probably give it a miss and just use finasteride and minoxidil instead.

I've never heard of eptoin either, but it sounds good. Its weird the way I've never heard of these effective treatments lol.

Never heard of RU58841 or stemoxydine either, or alfatradiol.

I'll leave the laser comb so. I never considered PRP treatment. I might look that up.

Thanks.