Post op itchiness

Hello everyone, after a transplant is it normal to have itchy episodes within the recipient area at 4.5 months? I have dandruff so im wondering if its the cause of it but i cant be sure. Has anyone had itchiness around this time after thier operation ? 

Edited by andrew11

Hello. It may well be the dandruff. However, at 4 months, new hair can start to emerge by breaking through the skin. This can too cause some itchiness as small hairs start breaki through skin. 

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

I wouldn't say this is super typical based on what I see people discuss about their post-op experiences, but it also doesn't seem completely out of the ordinary. If you're someone whose scalp has a tendency to be sensitive, itchy, etc. (like mine does, for example), then experiencing it post-op seems expected. I wouldn't be concerned unless it's super persistent and intolerable. It's also always a good idea to reach out to your doctor to keep them in the loop and see if perhaps he has something specific he could recommend for you to relieve it should you need something. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56