How close is beard hairs to normal follicles once translated into the scalp?

I just came a cross a video where a guy had a little more than 7000 grafts FUE where 1600 were beard hairs (rest scalp) and the overall result is really good (I'm posting the link at the bottom). 

Now I've seen transplants where chest hair was used and it was very noticeable and looked bad on the scalp. In that case where bead hair was used I got surprised that I couldn't spot any different looking hairs on the scalp - they all looked the same (and good!). Is it because beard hairs look like more scalp hairs than chest hairs or was just the doctor good in blending in everything?

I'm very excited about the possibility of beard hairs looking good on the scalp because I have a lot of thick and strong hairs under my chin that I bet would make good donors. 

Edited by JohnBob

• Administrators

From his last post, he said he’s got 1,500 beard hairs on his scalp, but he has no idea where, that’s how indistinguishable it is to his actual scalp hair. I’ve also heard that beard hair tends to take on the characteristics of scalp hair when transplanted to the top.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi

Once beard grafts are shuffled around in homogonous manner amongst the regular scalp grafts it's pretty much impossible to tell which is which once the grown out layering effect kicks in ..that's my view .

Hope this helps 

9 hours ago, Zoomster said:

Hi

Once beard grafts are shuffled around in homogonous manner amongst the regular scalp grafts it's pretty much impossible to tell which is which once the grown out layering effect kicks in ..that's my view .

Hope this helps 

Thanks for the answer man and congrats for your amazing results. 

I read the journal of another forum user that went to the same clinic and he said that his beard transplanted hairs once achieved a certain size would start to get curly and a little different from his scalp hair, but that it would happen just to a few of his beard hairs. So I guess everything was fine.