4160 FUE Grafts by the Hair DR clinic in Dewsbury on 26/10/20. I previously had SMP.

Dan01

Hi.

I spent a lot of time on forums looking at others people cases, and used them as a basis for my own transplant, so I feel it is right to document my journey.

I have been losing my hair since I was 18. I initially got SMP when I was in my early 20s, but had continued issues with fading, and I missed having hair. So after a few years of consideration, I decided to get a hair transplant. After researching and talking to various clinics, I opted for the Hair Dr clinic in Dewsbury. From my research this clinic ticked all the boxes for quality, affordability and location. So after an online consultation I booked a date for the 26/10/20.

I was nervous going in initially, unsure of my donor capacity, i have several scars from accidents, and worried about the SMP. I was put at ease by Dr Arshad and his team, who examined my donor, and thought 3500 grafts was a conservation estimate, but we would see how the grafts would come out. To my delight Dr Ashad managed to to extract around 4160 grafts in total. I think the breakdown was roughly 1800 3s, 1800 2s, 500 1s. Dr Hamza (I think this was the fellow Doctor on the day) then meticulously checked all my grafts, and separated the super fine 1s from the standard 1s to help create my hairline, he also gave me local anesthetic throughout the day, the entire process being relatively pain free .I was pleasantly surprised to see 2 Drs working on me. Then Dr Arshad made the incisions/channels for the grafts to be placed. This was completed by a team of 3 technicians (I forget their names, sorry) who were extremely hard working and pleasant, with Dr Arshad checking in on me regulary. The day started at 8am, and was completed by 8pm, I was provided with an excellent lunch, and a gody bag to go home with contain all necessary aftercare products e.g. medications, saline spray and clear hourly guide to follow. They rang me today to monitor how I am progressing, and are always open to any questons. I cannot thank the team enough for all their hard work.

My pictures from the day are below.

Top image hair dr clinic.jpg
top of head 2 hair dr.jpg

Straight after surgery.

Immediate post FUE.jpg

Day after, so today's pictures - 27/10/20

Crown 1 post fue.jpg

Left side 1 day post fue.jpg
Right side 1 day post fue.jpg
Edited by Dan01

16 minutes ago, Richie888 said:

That's the easy bit out the way, now for 12 months of patience! Glad it went well I'm booked in next month so it's good to see what's being created by Dr Arshad. 

Do you use fin/min or have you previously?

I started on fin in July, I take 1mg 3 x weekly at present. I was debating taking 1mg daily for at least the 12 months you mention until the hairs mature, but there seems to be a debate about how much more effective daily actually is. So I will see.

I think its a good idea to be on fin though if you can tolerate any potential sides. I guess depends how aggressive your hairloss is. 

Edited by Dan01

1 hour ago, Dan01 said:

I started on fin in July, I take 1mg 3 x weekly at present. I was debating taking 1mg daily for at least the 12 months you mention until the hairs mature, but there seems to be a debate about how much more effective daily actually is. So I will see.

I think its a good idea to be on fin though if you can tolerate any potential sides. I guess depends how aggressive your hairloss is. 

Yeah that seems to be an amount he specifies and makes more sense than everyday. Well good luck with the growth and keep the group updated 👍🏼

• Administrators

Thanks for sharing your journey with us, I’ve heard and seen good things coming out of Dr. Arshad’s office 👍🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Dan01 changed the title to 4160 FUE Grafts by the Hair DR clinic in Dewsbury on 26/10/20. I previously had SMP.