Poor Physiology:Poor Transplant, or not (?!?)

Several esteemed doctors have recently weighed in on this topic (notably, in this thread: http://hair-restoration-info.c...477106391#477106391).

The part I found most interesting and revealing was mentioned by Dr. Cooley:

"I have yet to see any doctor present...perfect growth...the variability in 'healing' factors deserves more discussion...most get the expected results, while a few get either better or worse than expected results. I think that oxygenation/circulation issues are one of the main factors here. I did a study on over 80 transplant patients using a high tech oxygen meter on loan to me. The surprising finding was that baseline oxygen levels vary markedly among different patients. Oxygen content is a key factor in graft survival, especially in the first few days post op when the grafts have yet to develop their own capillary network. This may be one explanation for varying results in graft growth, in addition to the factors Dr. Konior mentioned."

With that said, can oxygenation levels be improved? And, can they be determined with relative ease prior to a HT? "Oxygenation" aside, if a patient truly has some physiological roadblock(s) in achieving the results of The Majority, does this condemn not just an isolated result, but subsequent procedures, too? Or, if you have already had a successful HT w/ stellar yield, are you further protected from being one of the "unlucky" few?

Dr. Feller asserted in the linked thread: "...realize that if you had lower than average yield from your first surgery, then it is highly likely that such will be the case for future surgeries."

I'm curious as to the results doctors have achieved working on patients who went to elite practices (ideally, even their own), suffered poor yield by way of physiology, to then have a subsequent procedure(s). Did the yield remain poor due to the physiological factors, which would one would think to pose the same problem, unless preventive and protective measures were taken by the patient(?).

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Several esteemed doctors have recently weighed in on this topic (notably, in this thread: http://hair-restoration-info.c...477106391#477106391).

The part I found most interesting and revealing was mentioned by Dr. Cooley:

"I have yet to see any doctor present...perfect growth...the variability in 'healing' factors deserves more discussion...most get the expected results, while a few get either better or worse than expected results. I think that oxygenation/circulation issues are one of the main factors here. I did a study on over 80 transplant patients using a high tech oxygen meter on loan to me. The surprising finding was that baseline oxygen levels vary markedly among different patients. Oxygen content is a key factor in graft survival, especially in the first few days post op when the grafts have yet to develop their own capillary network. This may be one explanation for varying results in graft growth, in addition to the factors Dr. Konior mentioned."

With that said, can oxygenation levels be improved? And, can they be determined with relative ease prior to a HT? "Oxygenation" aside, if a patient truly has some physiological roadblock(s) in achieving the results of The Majority, does this condemn not just an isolated result, but subsequent procedures, too? Or, if you have already had a successful HT w/ stellar yield, are you further protected from being one of the "unlucky" few?

Dr. Feller asserted in the linked thread: "...realize that if you had lower than average yield from your first surgery, then it is highly likely that such will be the case for future surgeries."

I'm curious as to the results doctors have achieved working on patients who went to elite practices (ideally, even their own), suffered poor yield by way of physiology, to then have a subsequent procedure(s). Did the yield remain poor due to the physiological factors, which would one would think to pose the same problem, unless preventive and protective measures were taken by the patient(?).

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I have been wondering about this also. While I totally understand that everyone's physiology is different, these are doctors we are talking about who are performing the HT. I would hope that they would be able to perform some sort of tests or other means to determine if your physiology is that of a good or bad grower even if it is not a 100% predictor as opposed to just leaving it to pure chance. Makes me nervous....

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452