Avoiding marketing traps by clinics - any suggestions?

25 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I’ve seen cases of blackmail, extortion, coercion from patients to surgeons.

Wow, this is pretty under-handed stuff. I naively assumed it mainly happened the other way around, cos I myself have had subtle, but obvious enough, pressure applied to say/not-say things publicly. The latest tactic used by the clinic led me to openly ask on the phone "Are you saying that you will only help me if I write good things about your clinic".

Of course, they wouldn't answer with a Yes/No, so I told them "I don't play games. If you want to help me, then help me, if not, then that's fine too."

20 minutes ago, Egy said:

they are real commercial activities disguised as forums, the clinics (all) pay good money to publish their works, and they repay them by banning dissatisfied patients and deleting the related threads.

Exactly this!

It's a jungle out there. 

Edited by baalloss
  • Like 1

I will never forget how I was viciously attacked on HairlosHel when FUE was first being sold and pushed in the American forums…I had posted some comments stating that FUHT still had it’s place and there were a number of talented docs doing great work…many of those were bashing me to earn some free FUE work…yet I never bashed FUE.

Edited by gillenator
  • Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY