Post-op Care Questions

TorontoMan

I’m 4 days post-op and have been following their instructions to the T. Been spraying saline solution every hour and washing with baby shampoo spray and rinsing by spraying regular water. 

my concern is I’m a very tough sleeper, and this morning I woke up slightly out of 45 degree position on my bed. I’m beginning to wonder if my body is changing sleeping positions and I can’t control it. Below are photos of day 3 and then day 4 (today). I’m starting to get what I believe is scabbing(seems to be more on the left side). Is this a natural process or did I do something to aggregate my grafts? 

7DEB25AF-EB70-41E4-8CAC-4E5C13B97C08.jpeg

B0C6A81E-19AD-4CE2-821B-1A711B78BE80.jpeg

88F916E9-9433-4DA7-96D1-A0C753A98B3E.jpeg

E336303D-1824-42CE-8A3E-39319A4C170D.jpeg

38 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

All perfectly normal! No need to worry. Just normal scabbing taking place.

Thank you the reply that’s assuring to hear. I woke up today and noticed most of those tiny patches of redness and thought maybe I aggravated them in my sleep somehow, but it makes sense that they start scabbing slowly. 

My post-op instructions say to sleep on a 45 for the first 5 days, or continue If there is swelling, do you think it’s best to stay on a 45 for longer to lower the chance of resting the recipient area on a pillow and possibly aggregating them? 
I have very little swelling left and it was never really an issue, so I’m wondering if I should continue sleeping like this 

Everything looks great and completely normal! And to add to your peace of mind, the first 72 hours are the most crucial in regards to your grafts being at risk, which you've already surpassed. After the first 72 hours, the risk of damaging your grafts is greatly reduced as they are most likely completely anchored in place. Keep being mindful not to hit your head on anything and follow your post-op instructions, and by day 10, it will be nearly impossible to damage them. If you do happen to dislodge a graft , it's typically quite painful and there is usually bleeding - so if you were to damage one, you would know. 

Congrats on your procedure - and happy growing! 

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

1 hour ago, pkipling said:

Everything looks great and completely normal! And to add to your peace of mind, the first 72 hours are the most crucial in regards to your grafts being at risk, which you've already surpassed. After the first 72 hours, the risk of damaging your grafts is greatly reduced as they are most likely completely anchored in place. Keep being mindful not to hit your head on anything and follow your post-op instructions, and by day 10, it will be nearly impossible to damage them. If you do happen to dislodge a graft , it's typically quite painful and there is usually bleeding - so if you were to damage one, you would know. 

Congrats on your procedure - and happy growing! 

Thank you very much for that, that gives me comfort.