FUT Session with Dr. Diep for 2200 grafts

rahul_s

• Valued Contributor

Personally I would let it go to plan for the next 12 months and then make a decision on how you feel about your results. Also you raised a very good point in your thread in that you were told that you would require 'x' amount of grafts and upon arrival after flying you were then told that you only had 2,200 grafts available. How do people feel about this? I don;t mean to hijack your thread but there is an ethical issue here in that what does one do as a patient? Cancel because the required number of grafts are not available to achieve the goals of both doctor and patient? Personally If I were to arrive at my chosen destination and after consulting via email, phone, skype, videos, etc I think I would cancel as the whole equation of results and expectations are now subject to a different agreement and a potentially different result.

On 9/27/2020 at 3:32 AM, Gatsby said:

Personally I would let it go to plan for the next 12 months and then make a decision on how you feel about your results. Also you raised a very good point in your thread in that you were told that you would require 'x' amount of grafts and upon arrival after flying you were then told that you only had 2,200 grafts available. How do people feel about this? I don;t mean to hijack your thread but there is an ethical issue here in that what does one do as a patient? Cancel because the required number of grafts are not available to achieve the goals of both doctor and patient? Personally If I were to arrive at my chosen destination and after consulting via email, phone, skype, videos, etc I think I would cancel as the whole equation of results and expectations are now subject to a different agreement and a potentially different result.

To frame this subjectively, the amount of bullshit this particular surgeon performs that is avoided, dodged, or flat out ignored has made me consider deleting my post and my account on more than one occasion. It makes me sick to my stomach seeing the patients post here after they leave his office. There is no amount of proof that I can provide in any number of threads that will make this site reconsider having him as an affiliated surgeon and it detracts from the moral fiber of this site tremendously. OP is one more case where yet another example comes out that Dr. Diep is unethical and greedy. I have worked in healthcare for seven years and will be a registered nurse in 8 months. I know unethical practice when I see it. I have no ability to protect or caution prospective patients, and this site actively encourages people to go to him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1