Help. Thinning? Dupa?Paranoid?

Joa

I had to ask because your type of hair thinning seems to me like it’s female patterned, which usually parts through the center, rather than the onset begin at the hairline or crown. As for your situation, you should definitely consult with a doctor because you have likely gone through a lot of hormone manipulation due to your transitioning. A process that I’m sure many people on this forum may be unfamiliar with. you may have to provide more information such as how was your hair before transitioning, did you notice thinning before during or after taking certain medications etc. Hopefully someone else with female patterned loss experience could chime in and help you out. From my minimal experience with some women I’ve known who’ve experienced loss, it seemed to have been due to fluctuations in hormones, thyroid issues, and they were often temporary. 

• Like 2

• Administrators

It does appear to be female pattern hair loss. It’s probably exacerbated by testosterone therapy. You should consider trying finasteride. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

20 hours ago, TorontoMan said:

I had to ask because your type of hair thinning seems to me like it’s female patterned, which usually parts through the center, rather than the onset begin at the hairline or crown. As for your situation, you should definitely consult with a doctor because you have likely gone through a lot of hormone manipulation due to your transitioning. A process that I’m sure many people on this forum may be unfamiliar with. you may have to provide more information such as how was your hair before transitioning, did you notice thinning before during or after taking certain medications etc. Hopefully someone else with female patterned loss experience could chime in and help you out. From my minimal experience with some women I’ve known who’ve experienced loss, it seemed to have been due to fluctuations in hormones, thyroid issues, and they were often temporary. 

Here's my hair 6/7 months ago. I've always had a wide part line but I'm not sure.. how can I notice thinning? 2nd pic is my hair under a lens now. Screenshot_20200825-010030.thumb.png.147dd877301ead8ebfea4b80c55d94f6.pngScreenshot_20200825-005634.thumb.png.848c4a973bd06b3f456b01c6a177c0cd.png