post HT hair care question

hey everyone, this might be a silly question but i thought it was no harm to ask. I'm about 6months into my HT and haven't had a hair cut in over a year probably. I'm wearing my hair long with a baseball cap and letting the HT grow away. Is this okay? Or should i have the new hair cut to help it mature etc. I like my hair long but also because my new hair is a different length compared to the rest and still maturing/developing, so I'm not in any hurry to get a trim. I suppose I'm still a bit self-conscious of the HT. cheers

hey everyone, this might be a silly question but i thought it was no harm to ask. I'm about 6months into my HT and haven't had a hair cut in over a year probably. I'm wearing my hair long with a baseball cap and letting the HT grow away. Is this okay? Or should i have the new hair cut to help it mature etc. I like my hair long but also because my new hair is a different length compared to the rest and still maturing/developing, so I'm not in any hurry to get a trim. I suppose I'm still a bit self-conscious of the HT. cheers

The growth of your hair should be independent of your decision to or not to have it cut. That said, wearing a cap "all the time" probably isn't a great idea. I think you might be figuring, "I want not to let anyone on, then, one day, go out, get a cut, and spring the new look on them," but my suggestion is, six months after your procedure, you're just keeping yourself in agony by waiting and waiting and waiting. Maybe just go ahead and get the hair-cut, and show off what you shelled out so much cash for.