are new hair in 10 days post-op?

Mortimer

I am in my 10th day postop. I guess everything went as planned. The scabs fell off, like dandruff flakes. I can feel with my fingertips that I have almost no scabs remained. I also saw some of them lost their hair as well, but today I clearly feel some small hairs on those areas biting my fingertips like a 4 days long beard on my face.

Is it possible that new hair grew up so quickly? or are these baird-like small hair the ones transplanted with the operation?

I am in my 10th day postop. I guess everything went as planned. The scabs fell off, like dandruff flakes. I can feel with my fingertips that I have almost no scabs remained. I also saw some of them lost their hair as well, but today I clearly feel some small hairs on those areas biting my fingertips like a 4 days long beard on my face.

Is it possible that new hair grew up so quickly? or are these baird-like small hair the ones transplanted with the operation?

it is very possible that the hairs you feel are the grafts growing. Most hairs fall out initially from the graft, but some do stay and start growing. But don't be surprised if the hairs fall out from shock loss. This still can happen for a few more weeks. My first procedure I had very little shock loss, maybe 10%. I was able to shave my head with a #3, to even things out. And had a perfect look. Other than my cone head.

I thought I heard from my doctor and others writing here that once the scabs start falling, it is quite possible that the hair within those scabs may also fall out. In fact, I saw some hair falling with the scabs, so I thought I was going to loose all my new transplanted ones, may be more from the existing ones, and then, few weeks later, new ones will start growing.

It looks like, the new ones started right now. Am I correct, or shall I use these beard-like small ones too?

• 3 weeks later...