Is this normal?

Hi everyone, 

Its been one whole day since i have had my hair transplant. Now i am seeing this dark spot and i am kinda worried. I have seen alot of photos of hair transplants and on none i found my issue. To note nothing has touched the hair it was like this after leaving the hospital. 

According to the doctor/assistant this was normal and nothing to worrie about. 

IMG_20200726_165146.jpg

Hi John, Thanks for the reply. 

Honesly i dont know who the doctor was. A friend of mine did his hair at the same hospital and had great results. I went to the same place and the doctor has a turkisch name i couldnt remember. Is the bleeding and scrubbing bad? The assistant came iver today and said it was ok and i should not be worried. 

You don’t know the name of the Clinic? They must have given you information before and after your Ht? And a Idea of how many grafts were placed.

Scabs usually turn darker when healing, this is quick though in your case if it’s only a day. Did they do the first head clean ? 

Some people bleed more than others, I wouldn’t panic. 

I had to look for it but it was at Emsey Hospital. https://www.emseyhospital.com.tr/tr/ i think they did about 3000 grafts. At some point i askes the doctor how many grafts he was doing and he said as much as you need. They shaved my head and then, if im not mistaken, they sprayed water and cleaned the head with a alcoholic cleansing wipe but i cant remember all to well. 

• Administrators

It’s dried blood, nothing to worry about, make sure you clean it with some warm water and baby shampoo.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

That doesn’t look like 3k grafts to me. Anything in the back? If that band in the front is 3k grafts, it must be pretty dense. Looks like you have decent native density right behind it, so maybe that’s the case, but I’d have guessed ~2k.

“You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not...”

- John Lennon

here, this is the classic example that a person shouldn't do. @Alanz01., unfortunately you are not the only one to have done such a shit, it happened to me in 2016. This is the classic example of "hair mill", emseyhospital is the name of the hospital, where these gentlemen will have taken in  I will rent the operating room to carry out the procedure and probably to have carried it out, it will have been trainees or even boys who have nothing to do with the transplant.  I don't want to frighten you ..... but I've been there before you and I recognize these things.  I hope they didn't do too much damage, but in my first procedure, I too was reduced in this way.

20 minutes ago, Taken4Granted said:

That doesn’t look like 3k grafts to me. Anything in the back? If that band in the front is 3k grafts, it must be pretty dense. Looks like you have decent native density right behind it, so maybe that’s the case, but I’d have guessed ~2k.

Hi Taken, yes your right itd pretty dense indeed. When the dr was preparing the "holes" i think he spent close to 2.5 hours. Yes the back is done aswell. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Egy said:

here, this is the classic example that a person shouldn't do. @Alanz01., unfortunately you are not the only one to have done such a shit, it happened to me in 2016. This is the classic example of "hair mill", emseyhospital is the name of the hospital, where these gentlemen will have taken in  I will rent the operating room to carry out the procedure and probably to have carried it out, it will have been trainees or even boys who have nothing to do with the transplant.  I don't want to frighten you ..... but I've been there before you and I recognize these things.  I hope they didn't do too much damage, but in my first procedure, I too was reduced in this way.

Hi Eggy, 

Well i guess this is the case here aswell. Al tough it is to some extent done correctly in the sense that the drs knew what they were doing, having done many procedures before and i have a friend who has been there and the results look good. Honestly its either paying 6500 euros for 3000 grafs or 2500 for the same amount. When I was looking in to this i noticed that the expensive doctors all had an amazing office space and you name it which of course adds to the price. In my case i wonder. Guess will have to wait it out and see the results. I was at first going to research the dr who was doing the procedure but seeing my close friend went there and the results are good i sadly skipped that step which kinda adds to the uncertainty. I feel abit comforted by the comments tho. Still a good reply thank you

28 minutes ago, Egy said:

@Alanz01 I really wish you that I am wrong and believe me, I support you.💪

Thanks mate. If its bad i will have to redo it and spend more money and well honestly i have so many things gone wrong my life i tend not to worry and care anymore. Ill spend 5k and re do it. I was just curious here because i am stil in Istanbul and now have the chance to act if needed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alanz01 said:

Thanks mate. If its bad i will have to redo it and spend more money and well honestly i have so many things gone wrong my life i tend not to worry and care anymore. Ill spend 5k and re do it. I was just curious here because i am stil in Istanbul and now have the chance to act if needed.

You making it sound like you going to the hairdressers. You can’t simply redo a hair transplant, if it was that simple we’d all have a full head of hair. 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2020 at 5:22 AM, makemefamous19 said:

You making it sound like you going to the hairdressers. You can’t simply redo a hair transplant, if it was that simple we’d all have a full head of hair. 

I understand ya but i have alot of donor hair and with enough money i am sure most damage can be undone/restored. Seen enough cases of those. Lets hope for the best tho, will see. thansk for the reply.

Edited by Alanz01