Is shedding short and sometimes thin strands of hair normal or does it guarantee hairloss?

RickieL89

I'm a 31 year old Asian with thick coarse strands of hair. Sometimes in the shower I would count 20 - 30 strands of hair. Today I counter 21 and some were short less then an inch and some were thin too and some were normal length. I was wondering is shedding some short hair less then an inch and some thin hair normal or does it mean you're 100% balding? Do all the strands on your head that you shed have to be the same thickness to not be considered balding? I posted an imgur of the strands of hair I'm talking about. I posted an imgur of the strands of hair I'm talking about below.

I saw a hair restoration doctor in 2018, sent pictures to a hair clinic in 2018 and 2019 and saw a dermatologist in April of 2019 and they all said my hair looks fine. I'm still wondering about the thin  and sometimes short strands of hair I sometimes find after showering or randomly on the floor or table.

Pictures of my strands of hair that I shed and that I'm talking about.

Here are some pictures of what my hair looks like now. The first two pictures in the album is actually a video.

https://imgur.com/a/v7i2msx

April 2019 - July 2020 Hair Image Record

https://imgur.com/a/RshkuKL

Edited by RickieL89

• Administrators

Hair shedding is normal, summer months is when hairs shed more often. You’re not balding. I would kill to have your hair. My advice is stay away from the forums and concentrate on something else or a hobby. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Hair shedding is normal, summer months is when hairs shed more often. You’re not balding. I would kill to have your hair. My advice is stay away from the forums and concentrate on something else or a hobby. 

Thanks for replying again. Yeah I understanding shedding is normal, but should I be worried about shedding those thing strands of hair like in this picture https://imgur.com/a/cHqXPkA that seem weak and wispy? I would shed 20 strands of hair in the shower and about 5 - 8 of them would be a mix of the short and thin wispy strands like in the imgur link. The majority would be the normal thickness.