donor area

I cant find anyone who has had more then 3 hair transplants around here.I know its all about donor, but how many can someone have in total.Let me ask it anothwer way!What is the most transplants you have heard that someone has had

I cant find anyone who has had more then 3 hair transplants around here.I know its all about donor, but how many can someone have in total.Let me ask it anothwer way!What is the most transplants you have heard that someone has had

I had a patient who had 11 prior procedures (I did not do any of them) and wanted another session. Unfortunately, with the amount of scar tissue he had at both the donor site and the recipient sites, I advised him against any further work. Very nice gentleman in a difficult situation.

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS, FISHRS

Diplomate, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery

Diplomate, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Diplomate, American College of Surgeons

Gabel Hair Restoration Center

Portland, Oregon

503-693-1118

Email Dr. Gabel directly at drgabel@gabelcenter.com

Dr. Gabel's Website

Dr. Steven Gabel is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Most I've heard is like 16...."Sofarsogood", or w/e his online handle is....

The most I have heard of from someone receiving high-quality HTs was like 6....combination of strip and FUE sessions. A primary reason you don't see that many with 3+ is because the most competent docs can harvest an incredible amount of grafts in single sessions -- as opposed to many years past.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

It was definately a sad situation because he did not receive the results he was looking for in the previous transplants he received.

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS, FISHRS

Diplomate, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery

Diplomate, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Diplomate, American College of Surgeons

Gabel Hair Restoration Center

Portland, Oregon

503-693-1118

Email Dr. Gabel directly at drgabel@gabelcenter.com

Dr. Gabel's Website

Dr. Steven Gabel is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• Moderators

I've had 25. A new scar was created each time. They were done between 1989 to 1994. I'm hoping to eventually get one more high quality HT session done that can hopefully yield 1500 to 2000 grafts and combine a few scars into one leaving me with more hair on top with less scarring on the sides and back. I don't really know if it's possible. I should go for a consultation, but I'm afraid I might hear that they can't do anything for me which would really be depressing.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I had about 12, the first 10 of which were totally unsatisfactory (Straub and Bosley).

However, the last two were with the follicular unit method, while the others were with the dreaded "punch-plug" method.

I was particularly fortunate, since I have good scalp laxity and just enough donor hair to mask the old plugs.

The last surgery was with Dr. Siporin, who made my hairline look completely natural.

It's been a long journey, filled with expecatations and false promises of the first two doctors. Fortunately, the latest surgical methods saved my...scalp!

woah.. 25 and 12...

BeHappy - considering your limited donor supply, you may want to look into body hair transplant.

I believe. Dr Umar is an expert on the field - i have seen him transplant over 20.000 BHT's into a mans devastated scalp and the results were very natural.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!