need advice

i recently got sucked into joining the ashley and martin 8 month treatment. i know everyone says its a rip off but i did not read up on it before paying for it so looks like ill just have to do the 8 month treatment. if it works then im happy to of paid the money even if i could of done it cheaper. does A&M actually work? i have a money back gaurantee if it doesnt work so i guess i cant really go wrong.

anyway my main question is that they want $35 a week for the medication after the treatment to keep my hair which i believe is called finastreide( propecia). so there is no way im paying nearly $2000 a year to keep my hair im only 20 now so if i use it till im 40 that $40,000. So can i just go to my local pharmacy and get the medication from there and will it be heaps cheaper? i have already paid the $3500 for the 8 month treatment but im not giving them anymore money so just wanted to know if you can get the same medication they give you for cheaper from pharmacies.

thanks

that's a rip off big time. You can get finasteride for about $35 a month through the pharmacy (if you get Proscar, finasteride 5MG, and cut it into fourths). A&M are ripping you off. You're only 20, just get on finasteride with local HT surgeon (preferably one recommended on this site) or your own doctor. Nothing else but Minox will work for you at this point.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Welcome to the forum Jarrod587.

Probably the only thing you need to remember from my post is: don't give them any more money.

Please use the find feature of the forum to research the treatments available - there is a lot of good information here, along with warnings of treatments to avoid.

If I were you I'd try to get your money back now and don't even bother with their treatment program. This is simply because the only proven treatments (apart from hair transplants) are minoxidil and finasteride, and you don't need an expensive program to use these.

What does their eight month treatment program actually involve?

What have they promised you, and how will they achieve that?

Money back guarantees are usually not worth the paper they are written on - they are just a ploy to make you part with money in the first place. Unfortunately, you are very likely to lose out - unless you want to start a legal battle with them.

To answer the question about finasteride - yes, you can get it more cheaply. Much more cheaply in fact.

The absolute cheapest option is to use a generic version of proscar - this costs a few dollars a month. I'd only consider this option if you can actually buy the drugs from a bricks and mortar pharmacy.

A slightly better option is to use Merck Proscar which costs about 15 dollars per month.

The most expensive option (propecia) is about $45 dollars per month.

Are you sure their prices were $35 per week? Daylight robbery...

PS. I don't live in the US so my prices may be a bit off, but you can find lots of info in the forums.

well there is no way ill get my money back now so im just looking at it as if it works then its worth the $3500. dont remind me that i can do it myslef cheaper lol.

its just eight months of thier shampoo, conditioner, scalp cleaner, 7% minoxil, finistrede and laser treatment sessions.

they promised that i will regrow my hair or my money back plain and simple.

well i live in australia so its probly a bit more expensive for me.

so once the program is finished i will be defiantly be buying it from the pharmacy and saving myself some money.

Well, the minox and the finasteride will help. The other stuff might make your hair feel better but it won't combat hair loss. Good luck.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group