Dr. Aditya Gupta - Sure Hair in Toronto - any experience?

Well, I'm going to reply to my own post. I had an initial consultation with Dr. Gupta, which went well. I did a follow-up consultation by phone and felt that his manner was to defensive. I was asking about getting a density rate of around 30-35 cm squared, which is seemingly a standard for many HT doctors. Dr. Gupta told me that he goes for 20-25 cm square with his patients. When I asked if he could increase the density in the front-third of my scalp (for the hairline), he balked and suggested I find another doctor who can achieve this density. 

I went for a consultation with him, his prices were reasonable but I got nothing nice to say other than that...

Let me just say he could be a great doctor with great results, I can’t speak on that because I didn’t go with him. 

He was pretty nice but seemed sleepy and kept taking these long random pauses. His clinic seemed small and I didn’t leave full of confidence. he said the max they could do in one day is 3000-3500 grafts. 

His prices are reasonable, that's for sure. This is why I was initially attracted to him. However, I didn't feel a sense of personal care with him. He was also pushing me to fill a date in his calendar towards the end of March. 

• 10 months later...

I had a transplant with them about 5.5 months ago. Process was very smooth and comfortable. Dr. Gupta was not overly friendly or personable. He also didn't push to sell.me the transplant, I told him I wanted 3 months to consider it and he respected that without any pressure. Their team of doctors is great. They were attentive and extremely professional, they performed the implantations with Dr. Gupta supervising. But he personally performed the FUT incisions and the scar is virtually unnoticeable. His closure technique is second to none imo. My results at 5.5 months are pretty incredible, check out my 3000 graft fut thread. He did call and check in on me from time to time to ensure I was doing the proper aftercare procedures. I would definitely recommend. 

Edited by Cody95
  • Like 1