The beginning of something awful.

HenryRain

Hair loss is one of the things you never expect that could happen to you, it's like an accident at Disney land. You think it sucks, untill the day it happens, and then it just sucks even more.

I'm a 17 years old boy who's heart nearly stopped when I noticed upon my mirror that I had some sort of transparency on the corners of my forehead as seen here.

I also noticed that I have a rather freaking large forehead, I don't have younger photos exposing my forehead for comparison, but you can see here that I have a big forehead.

I also lose quite a few 5 to 15 strands of hair everyday on the shower, this has been going on for 2 or 3 years already.

Help.

Henry,

I'm very sorry to see that you may be experiencing early-stage MPB. You also could simply have been transitioning to a "mature hairline", which is separate from MPB.

I'd see a dermatologist and look into getting checked out for MPB, and determining for sure if this is what is happening.

Assuming it is, ask the dermatologist about finasteride (aka propecia). It's by far the most potent weapon that exists in treating MPB, aside from getting a HT/hair transplant.

That said, in your situation, getting on fin/propecia at the earliest date that makes sense would be the single greatest factor in being able to receive a world-class, successful HT at a future date.

Assuming it is MPB, look into propecia; as well, you can consider Rogaine foam 5% solution to go along with it.

Re: rogaine, it's a commitment, so if you can't truly commit to using it daily in it's recco'd dosage, you will run a very high risk of sheds and losing whatever progress you achieved when you stop. I fall into this camp, btw, where I simply pop propecia once a day and stopped rogaine after a week or two of trying it.

All this aside, enjoy the hair you currently have -- it looks really good. Things will likely progress, and new challenges will be presented, so now is the time to make yourself stronger than ever...mentally, physically, spiritually, etc.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I really wouldn't worry about it at your age.

And I certainly would not consider propecia or rogaine for someone so young.

Just enjoy being a teenager & don't worry about something that is years away if at all.

Live for today.