My 3rd consultation with Dr Meshkin

CaptainO

I consulted with Dr Meshkin around August of 08. At the time, I was somewhat thinned out only up front and he recommended 1200 grafts. Fast forward to now, I have thinned dramatically more up front, and now a little in the middle of my head about half way back. I sent in pictures to the dr, and we agreed that 1800 would work a little better now.

So tomorrow, I will be going in for my last consultation before I take the dip on January 2nd. I turn 30 years old on the first of January so I'm hoping my hair loss pattern has revealed itself and will help us determine what future needs I may have. I will keep you guys posted on before and after shots. Wish me luck!

Best of luck! Look forward to seeing your pics and in due time your new head of hair!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I consulted with Dr Meshkin aroundAugust of 08. At the time, I was somewhat thinned out only up front and he recommended 1200 grafts. Fast forward to now, I have thinned dramatically more up front, and now a little in the middle of my head about half way back.

The above being the case, do you really feel now is the best time to go ahead with your transplant?

600 grafts isn't an insignificant amount in terms of loss. What are Dr. Meshkin and your thoughts regarding having/performing a transplant while your loss is progressing?

Well, in terms of progression, compared to 18 months ago, I have lost a lot of hair. the rate of loss has since died down a bit, simply because most of the density is gone.

I think what has happened was the propecia I was taking was keeping the hair from falling out, now that it has been 3 years since I stopped taking it, that propecia effected hair has fallen out, and my true hair loss pattern has revealed itself.

So I'm confident that this is probably where I would be had I not taken propecia in the first place. I know more loss is to come down the line, but for now, with the rate of loss slowing, I'm confident about doing the procedure.

Good question.

Personally I would hold on, but of course the choice is yours. I'm in no doubt that you have thought long and hard about your decision to go ahead - So Good Luck.

May I ask why you stopped taking Propecia and do you now plan on returning to it, given the fact you believe the hair that has been lost over the last 14 month is hair that the Propecia was keep?