weak donor, scared for a hair transplant with a surgeon.

wizzer192

hi everyone, I'm new on this forum and I apologize in advance for my poor english. Iìve been losing my hair since I was 15/16 and now that I'm 25 recently I was starting to dream about hair transpant.  when I was 19 I decided that the only thing to do was a tricopigmentation, that honestly saved me during these last years since it made me more confident and helped a lot in general. I never take medicine, but I'm willing to take it in the future after the transplant.( I didn't take any medicine because I was young and the medicine like finasteride and minoxidil would have been on my parents wallet so to say, I'm willing to take them now that I have a stable work and able to provide to myself. unfurtunately I discover that I have a big bald area and a very weak donor, or so the surgeons that I contacted said. no one wanted to perform surgery on me, since the weak donor an the big bald area. only a couple of surgeon suggest me a try with 3000 grafts, that in my case I don't think it will help nor give me a moderate coverage ( I'm perfectly aware I will not able to have back my hair in full and eventually using hair concealings, but 3000 grafts seems too little for me). this was the opinion of every surgeon except one, that thinks he is able to transplant 6000 grafts split in two operations. the surgeon in question have a name for himself, and I saw very good results from him on this forum, howewer I prefer do not make his name. I'm opening this topic because I would like to know WHAT YOU  THINK about my situation and if is 6000 grafs is a real number on my case, because I'm scared about the scars the operation will leave on my scalp, I wouldn't want something like that. I will post some photos so you can evaluate the situation for yourself. I thank you in advance for the help you will provide to me and apologize if I did something wrong writing this post or if I made some errors. 

IMG_20191228_170606.jpg

IMG_20191228_170631.jpg

IMG_20191228_170642_1.jpg

IMG_20200107_184510.jpg

IMG_20200107_184516.jpg

IMG_20200107_184521.jpg

• Administrators

The donor does appear sparse, I think you could get a hair transplant, but what are your expectations? That is the most crucial and important question, because can you get more hair, the answer is yes. Now, whether you will be satisfied with it or not, that is a different discussion.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Extracting 6000 follicular units from that donor area really seems like a bet, if you could do it you will surely be left with permanent signs quite evident in my opinion, and in any case there is nothing wrong with mentioning the name of the surgeon who estimated you the number  of grafts to be collected, on the contrary, would help you make a possible choice whether or not to undergo a transplant.

• Like 1