Topical Spironolactone for male diffuse thinning

Blackweasel

Hey guys,

Im researching drugs for my second stage after 12 months of Fina, Duta, RU58841 and minoxidl (plus supplements). 

If this doesnt work I want to build up a plan B of stronger medications to try and regenerate my thinning crown (pic attached). I have read on an article (attached) that topical spironolactone has no/ minimal sides compared to taking it orally.

Is this true? Has anyone here had success from topical spirolactone? I am ok with some sides as I would eventually shift to maintain vs regrow hair and my libido etc should come back then. I just dont want gyno at all, thats the only side I want to avoid. Again this will only be taken if my current regimen doesnt work in 12 months time. 

I really really really dont want to go bald. 

Thanks,

Sam

9374CF8E-1138-4BD9-9584-3526C702F246.jpeg

CDAB03A2-5926-4E37-B8A9-B04EBEC024E6.png

1D25F8F2-7E62-436B-A0E5-B8BAFFD430CB.jpeg

Believe it or not, @100mg Oral Spiro you will find very few reports of guys having any sides over time.  There are even several studies online that tracked the effects on overall hormonal balance in males.  Not much there at all.  Especially if your working out and naturally raising your test levels w/resistance training.

That's my opinion after I read about it.  Most male to female trans take spiro orally 200mgs along w/a shit ton of other estrogen increasing drugs to look more like women. 

I never tried topical - I have been on 100mg oral spiro for 19+ months without any sides.  During that time I was lifting very consistently from Oct. '18 through March of '19 when I broke my ankle in 3 places.  I didn't notice any side effects.  Since May '19 I haven't done any resistance training (still recovering from my trimalleor fracture).

There have been a few threads w/pics of guys using topical spiro - but they all had very limited hairloss to begin with.  So they were obsessive and taking alot of other meds as well. 

Hard to tell if the spiro was helping outright or was just an adjunct/additive to everything else they were taking.  I guess as usual one could track their test levels before beginning spiro and say 3 months after and see what the #'s show.

Edited by jjsrader

1 hour ago, jjsrader said:

Believe it or not, @100mg Oral Spiro you will find very few reports of guys having any sides over time.  There are even several studies online that tracked the effects on overall hormonal balance in males.  Not much there at all.  Especially if your working out and naturally raising your test levels w/resistance training.

That's my opinion after I read about it.  Most male to female trans take spiro orally 200mgs along w/a shit ton of other estrogen increasing drugs to look more like women. 

I never tried topical - I have been on 100mg oral spiro for 19+ months without any sides.  During that time I was lifting very consistently from Oct. '18 through March of '19 when I broke my ankle in 3 places.  I didn't notice any side effects.  Since May '19 I haven't done any resistance training (still recovering from my trimalleor fracture).

There have been a few threads w/pics of guys using topical spiro - but they all had very limited hairloss to begin with.  So they were obsessive and taking alot of other meds as well. 

Hard to tell if the spiro was helping outright or was just an adjunct/additive to everything else they were taking.  I guess as usual one could track their test levels before beginning spiro and say 3 months after and see what the #'s show.

Thanks Jjsrader,

I may give it a go after all.

low dose topical....ill be getting my blood work done soon and will go from there. My goal is to reduce test a little but not to eradicate testosterone.