When can I start full on gym/cardio training after hair transplant

Hi, I’m a semi professional athlete and do have to spend some tough training time in the gym along with my sport, I used to have to do some intense workout about 2-3 days a week, and then cardio for a day or two. So in total a good 4 days, and then during season which is a few months away, 3 days of working out and 2 days of games. It has now been 25 days and on the 30th day I have a mini camp that goes on for 3 days that I’m taking part in, I have not done any strenuous activity prior to these days, other than walks, would it be safe to return to sweating technically after a month, I plan on washing my hair right after the days activity before I get to my hotel room and taking a shower and stuff to keep my scalp clean. Will I be safe to return to sweating without causing damage to my transplanted hair ? 

2 hours ago, George12 said:

Hi, I’m a semi professional athlete and do have to spend some tough training time in the gym along with my sport, I used to have to do some intense workout about 2-3 days a week, and then cardio for a day or two. So in total a good 4 days, and then during season which is a few months away, 3 days of working out and 2 days of games. It has now been 25 days and on the 30th day I have a mini camp that goes on for 3 days that I’m taking part in, I have not done any strenuous activity prior to these days, other than walks, would it be safe to return to sweating technically after a month, I plan on washing my hair right after the days activity before I get to my hotel room and taking a shower and stuff to keep my scalp clean. Will I be safe to return to sweating without causing damage to my transplanted hair ? 

Did you have FUE or FUT? It does make a difference in the answer.

The rule is, right after a procedure you can walk.  7-10 days after, depending on how conservative the doctor is, you can go back to cardio.  25-30 days - you should have no issues.

With regards to weightlifting - If FUT, avoid exercises involving the neck as this can cause the scar to stretch.  Do push-ups instead, as many as you want.  You can also do leg-presses, etc.

Sweat, by the way, is OK. That will affect nothing.  

FUE sir, my doctor asked me wait a month being extra conservative, but every online thread I’ve read says after 2-3 weeks you should be fine to return to normal routine in the gym some even as early as 10 days 

• Administrators

I returned to the gym by the 14th day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I watched you YouTube channel live your results will follow your page. Thanks for the information.

I way bedFUE sir, my doctor asked me wait a month being extra conservative, but every online thread I’ve read says after 2-3 weeks you should be fine to return to normal routine in the gym some even as early as 10 days