Would you want to do 2500-3000 graphs in one day, or two?

At a recent consultation near where I live, the doctor suggested we do somewhere around 2500 graphs over the course of two days.  I asked if we could do it all in one day and he said we could but it would be a long day for everyone.  If you lived close to the clinic, what would you prefer in this scenario, one or two days?

MrZ, 

If the doctor is recommending that you split it up, I highly recommend splitting it up into two days. This is not uncommon at all. And, in my opinion, it is a good thing. Speed is not a virtue in FUE. Typically taking a slower, careful, more considered approach pays dividends. This also equates to less graft "out of body time." Good things all around. 

• Like 1

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

It is not uncommon for surgeons to do a maximum of 2000 grafts per day with FUE, especially if their level of involvement is right. It sounds like a very reasonable advice to split the case. As @Dr Blake Bloxham mentioned, it reduces fatigue and out of body time.

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Surely it depends on the method of extraction, if it’s manual then yes, two days. However if it’s motorised then 2500 is not a lot for a Doc to do in a day. You have already stated that he won’t be planting the grafts.

On 8/27/2019 at 9:54 AM, MrZennie said:

It would be a FUE procedure.  And it's a top doctor who does the extractions (no Artas) and incisions

There are so many top surgeons doing 4000 plus grafts in one sitting, using motorised method, with great results.if it was me and it’s motorised, there is no way I would sit for two days. If it’s Manual extraction, then yes I would sit for two days as it is a lot more tedious.