Hair transplant in south east asia

Dear all

I wrote in this forum 6 years ago and received suggestions to wait as my condition will worsen and indeed it's much worse than before..please see my photo now after 6 years. I believe I am a good candidate for a hair transplant now? 

Can anyone recommend me on Any good FUE doctors in Asia ? I read through the thread and understand that Dr kongkiat from thailand seems have some nice work with FUE

Does anyone know if I can also find some good doctors in Singapore? 

Thanks for the time. 

IMG_20190527_022714.jpg

Edited by nahnew

First of all, if you aren't already on finasteride and minoxidil, get on it. Your scalp seems to be mostly contain miniaturized hair instead of completely dead follicles, so you stand a good chance of restoring their thickness. 

Secondly, only look at India and Thailand for hair transplants within Southeast Asia. That being said, I think most people here would agree that you're not an ideal candidate for a hair transplant. Your hair loss pattern is diffuse, which means that a hair transplant might do more harm than good because all that miniaturized hair that you currently have would be gone from shock loss from the surgery. Go visit one of the many dermatologists in the Orchard/Somerset area; Dr Tyng Tan seems to be a common choice for many. The cost of hair loss medication in Singapore can be prohibitive, so look at online pharmacists if you need to get them cheap. 

Go visit Dr Tan and find out what she has to say about your condition. I think she'll also agree that your condition would be best managed by finasteride and minoxidil. You actually stand a good chance on these 2, buddy.

• Administrators

Check out Dr. Path and Dr. Laorwong. Both are excellent surgeons.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/surgeon-list/TH/Thailand

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Check out Dr. Path and Dr. Laorwong. Both are excellent surgeons.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/surgeon-list/TH/Thailand

7 hours ago, Leftwithrope said:

First of all, if you aren't already on finasteride and minoxidil, get on it. Your scalp seems to be mostly contain miniaturized hair instead of completely dead follicles, so you stand a good chance of restoring their thickness. 

Secondly, only look at India and Thailand for hair transplants within Southeast Asia. That being said, I think most people here would agree that you're not an ideal candidate for a hair transplant. Your hair loss pattern is diffuse, which means that a hair transplant might do more harm than good because all that miniaturized hair that you currently have would be gone from shock loss from the surgery. Go visit one of the many dermatologists in the Orchard/Somerset area; Dr Tyng Tan seems to be a common choice for many. The cost of hair loss medication in Singapore can be prohibitive, so look at online pharmacists if you need to get them cheap. 

Go visit Dr Tan and find out what she has to say about your condition. I think she'll also agree that your condition would be best managed by finasteride and minoxidil. You actually stand a good chance on these 2, buddy.

Hi bro

Thanks for your reply I am not on propecia as I am facing side effects the last time I was on it few years ago but I have been using minoxidil 5%for years. Recently also added trinov lotion but it seem to make it worse probably due to shedding .I also spent 3k on regenera activa which is totally useless which is why I am thinking of hair transplant which is a permanent solution .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.. Is there any recommended doctor who can do fue without shaving my hair With around 4000 grafts so that the transplant will not be noticed? Thanks in advance