Donor area

My donor area is quite thin after my hair transplants. I had strip and FUE. The FUE unfortunately did leave my donor area looking "moth eaten". I'm a little dissapointed by this. What options does one have to fix a thin looking donor area, besides just letting the hair grow longer to cover exposed scalp?

My donor area is quite thin after my hair transplants. I had strip and FUE. The FUE unfortunately did leave my donor area looking "moth eaten". I'm a little dissapointed by this. What options does one have to fix a thin looking donor area, besides just letting the hair grow longer to cover exposed scalp?

I had somewhat of the same situation. I have to leave my hair long in the back to the point that even after my haircut the hair in back is at least one inch long. The first doctor I went to removed hair below my occipital bone, whereas it is best to remove if from above this bone to prevent scar stretching.

The only thing I can think of besides using a concealer is to get a BHT into the thin area, just enough so that you feel confident that the back of your head looks fine.

I have not done this but I have grown accustomed to my hair length in back. Plus I want to conserve my body hair to fill in the gaps in my crown should I require another transplant. The cost is also a factor.

Using Propecia since 1997

Using Rogaine Foam once a day since 2012

Using Niazoral 2% once a week since 2012

Mike,

Who did your FUE and Strip? I'd love to see some pics. I had FUE recently and my donor looks fine now, although my hair is grown out.

Dermatch would be the easiest to apply to the back of the head in my opinion.

I've used Topik, couvre, and dermatch and I like dermatch the best.

Abe

Had 3k With Umar on Feb 16, 2009

My Hair Loss Website