FUT and FUE

Hey guys,

Was planning on doing a second procedure (FUT) but was recently told a doc that he thinks we could only get 2,000 grafts and he thinks I'd need more. He suggested doing some FUE as well on the same procedure, saying this will yield another 1,000-2,000 more.

Have any of you done a combination of both procedures in one session? Can anyone comment on how you handled this and how recovery will be different as opposed to just doing FUT?

The doc is one of the best in the world so I am not so much worried about that...just never considered having to do both and am kinda bummed :(

Any tips, advice, encouragement, will help!

Potentially it can be done but the concern would be the extra amount/level of trauma the two could cause on the donor....the result could be shockloss along with a higher level of swelling.

But if you stay at the lower range of 1,000 to 1,200 FUE in addition to the strip, that may be a safer approach.

Just a thought to bear in mind.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I've heard of a few top doctors doing this, many docs agree that the best way of maximizing yours grafts is to do as much FUT as you can and then move on to FUE. Depends on your goals, but I would consult a few other really good docs to make sure it's what you want.

Not very many procedures have both done at the same time however.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY