Scarring Question

I'm about one month post op and I'm wondering...about how long does it typically take for the scar to be virtually unnoticable? It probably varies from person to person I imagine, but I am just curious. My scar still is noticable (well, when I lift up the hair that is) and am wondering when it starts to turn white. It has healed signifcantly, but it is still obvious. Thanks.

Bill

I'm about one month post op and I'm wondering...about how long does it typically take for the scar to be virtually unnoticable? It probably varies from person to person I imagine, but I am just curious. My scar still is noticable (well, when I lift up the hair that is) and am wondering when it starts to turn white. It has healed signifcantly, but it is still obvious. Thanks.

Bill

Bill,

You scar could take anywhere from 1-6 months to get to that white point (no redness).

There is such a wide scale in this. It's way to broad to give you a guess.

This is actually harder to gage than the start of new growth in my opinion. Most people report and focus on growth rather that the scars' redness.

But, as is with all, time. Sorry, that's the best that I have found in regards to this.

Bill

Took me almost a year. The redness lasts a long time sometimes. I think it depends on the person, however. For some guys its less

if you let the hair cover it, shouldnt be too noticeable

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"