My father in law is 84 years old. Lost most of his hair over 30-40 years ago. Top of his head was completely bald like a pool ball, since I met him over 16 years ago. Yet he started to have hair re-growth within the past 12 months. The following is the medications list that he takes for his various ailments:

Quetiapine 25 mg
Finasteride 5 mg
Rosuvastin 20 mg
Ramipril 5 mg
Synthroid 0.05 mg
Acetaminophene 500 mg
Amlodipine 2.5 mg
Apo Ismn 60 mg
Clopidogrel 75 mg
Donepezil 10 mg
Folic Acide 5 mg
Methotrexate 10 mg
Pantoprazole 40 mg

Quetiapine is the medication that he started to take about 8 months ago, and that I think is responsible for his hair regrowth. Yes, I know he also takes finasteride (for his prostate treatment) which is known for its hair growth ability, but he had taken it for a few years now, same as for his other medications. I don't know Quetiapine alone can help with hair growth or it is with combination of the other medications. This is up to our Pharmaceutical companies to do some research on it. 

We may need to rethink about the common knowledge that says that hair can't be regrown back once the follicle died. Because it is clearly not the case with my father-in-law.

20190101_164828.thumb.jpg.9274847a0f3127f9fd3ea85efd2603e8.jpg20190101_164838.thumb.jpg.b3dab259fad477fa3a761e6b6297472b.jpg

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

I been taking (Quetiapine) also known as Seroquel 50mgs a day before bed for years. The stuff works great as a sleep aid its like what Melatonin should a been 

I sleep so good on it sometimes I could dream my hairs is growing back but in real life I'm not seeing any noticeable re-growth from it :)