750ish FUE into bald spots, 2 month's later.

as a kid, a growth on my scalp was pulled out, leaving me with two bald spots.

two months ago, i had a HT to fill these spots in. a hair over 750 transplants via FUE into the spots. here're the updates:

left side before:

4073765053_43f026b65d_b.jpg

left side after:

4073761451_4893d859f3_b.jpg

right side before:

4074523518_59a6b4c609_b.jpg

right side after:

4074520172_bf7e0b1603_b.jpg

I realize that it's only been two months, and that the "after" pictures may not be of the highest quality, but does this growth look standard?

thanks guys

clift

cliftonsantiago,

Welcome to our community.

I'm not sure who your doctor was, but he/she should have really explained the hair transplant growth process to you.

Only the exceptional few experience any growth at 2 months. Transplanted hair sheds after about 2 to 4 weeks after the transplant and the follicles go dormant for approximately 3 to 5 months. As follicles begin to wake up, new thin, fine, and colorless hairs start to grow eventually penetrating the scalp. Sometimes pimples will form a couple weeks before the hair comes through the scalp. It takes a whole year for the hair to darken, thicken, and fully mature.

At this early stage, sit back and relax. Expect the growth process to be long and gradual and not fully mature until a year or so after the procedure.

Feel free to share your monthly updates with us though so we can follow your progress :-)

Best wishes,

Bill

I believe the scalp is still pinkish in the recipient area fron the procedure so that there is less contrast making the hair appear fuller.

But give it time as Bill mentioned & it will come.

Thanks for sharing!