Used Propecia for two weeks...

bouncingsoul10

Originally posted by bouncingsoul10:

So I used Propecia 1 mg for two weeks. By the end of the two weeks I felt as if my libido was dramatically decreasing by the day. My erections were becoming nonexistant and when I was able to achieve an erection, they were certainly far from the strength at which they used to be. I felt like I was losing all sensitivity in my shaft, as well. Two days ago I stopped taking the pill cold turkey before things got worse. Can I expect everything to go back to normal? So far in the two days I've been off I haven't had an improvement..

BouncingSoul,

From my research, your symptoms accounts for about 2-5% of men taking Propecia. I am assuming that you got the prescription from your doctor, and that he talked to you about the risk of the drug? You should consult him as to the best course of action instead of anyone that does not know your medical history / prescribed you the drug in the first place.

From my understanding though, the symptoms you report are common and should go away on their own. HOWEVER-- you should CONSULT A DOCTOR. It is your health and you cannot leave that to a consultation over the internet.

Originally posted by ConcernedCitizen:

So I used Propecia 1 mg for two weeks. By the end of the two weeks I felt as if my libido was dramatically decreasing by the day. My erections were becoming nonexistant and when I was able to achieve an erection, they were certainly far from the strength at which they used to be. I felt like I was losing all sensitivity in my shaft, as well. Two days ago I stopped taking the pill cold turkey before things got worse. Can I expect everything to go back to normal? So far in the two days I've been off I haven't had an improvement..

BouncingSoul,

From my research, your symptoms accounts for about 2-5% of men taking Propecia. I am assuming that you got the prescription from your doctor, and that he talked to you about the risk of the drug? You should consult him as to the best course of action instead of anyone that does not know your medical history / prescribed you the drug in the first place.

From my understanding though, the symptoms you report are common and should go away on their own. HOWEVER-- you should CONSULT A DOCTOR. It is your health and you cannot leave that to a consultation over the internet.

Yep, that is correct. My dermatologist prescribed it to me. I'm going to see my regular doctor next Thursday and I will discuss it with him, then. I was just seeing if anyone else had a similar experience after such a short time on Propecia. I'm hoping these problems do go away on their own, though.

Good luck to you. As long as you are being responsible and seeking professional medical consultant. I am in my mid-twenties and hoping to see a dermatologist about Propecia next week. I have heard of the side effects but am not overtly concerned. In my estimation, I think enough about sex! A decrease in my libido would actually be welcome-- hopefully temporary.

Good luck and take care.

Bouningsoul10,

You are not alone. The more research you do, the more you will find that there are countless men such as you and I that simply cannot tolerate the side effects of propecia. I was also told that the side effects might eventually subside with continued use but it never happened.

Prezident

Sadly this is the truth. How long were you on the pill and how long have you been off of it? It's only been a couple days off for me, thus far. It's a little better than it was while I was on Propecia, but nowhere near where it was before I started it.

Originally posted by prezident:

Bouningsoul10,

You are not alone. The more research you do, the more you will find that there are countless men such as you and I that simply cannot tolerate the side effects of propecia. I was also told that the side effects might eventually subside with continued use but it never happened.

Prezident

I would talk with your doctor, but I had very similar side effects for the first 3 - 4 weeks; however, thinks eventually went back to normal for me. I've been on Propecia now for ~ 3 years.

I had alternating periods of trouble getting erections and massive horniness the first 6 months I took propecia. The problem with getting an erection was very annoying, but I would keep on taking it if I were you. Eventually you'll get used to the drug and you'll be normal again.