Minox or other treatment ?

Arthur555

Hi guys,

I am 32 and it’s been 10 years that I am taking finasteride 1mg/day. It used to work and slow my hair loss but the effect seemed to be less effective since a few years. I was considering to use minox 5% in association but I am quite reluctant because of: constraints of the treatment, shading phase.

Do you think it is worth it ? Is it effectively working on receiding hairlines ?

I am also considering laser helmets/PRP. Any feedbacks ? Any thoughts ?

thanks 

Propecia, Rogaine, PRP and laser are the only modalities approved/released by the FDA for retention and enhancement of the native hair.  

That being said, let's clarify that hair loss is.  The hair you see in the comb, shower, brush, is normal.  Most agree that 100 hairs a day is normal.  Think that the follicle is tired of producing and takes a vacation.  That hair typically returns.  

Hair loss has more to do with miniaturized hair that eventually seems not to grow any more and eventually disappears.  

Perhaps you are going through a shedding period?

All these modalities work in different ways and are thus, synergistic.  Most seem to be most effective towards the back.  That is not to say, however, that they will not work for you.  I would try them for 1 year and, based on the results, you can then decide if it's something you wish to continue.

Lastly, please scope the area.  If you are enjoying a fairly full set of hair and use a laser, for example, you will be sadly disappointed.  Most modalities are used to help you retain and, perhaps, enhance the native hair.  If you have a very thin hair, (under a full set of hair), you would not be able to tell if that one hair remained or improved.