Dr. Diep vs. Dr. Hasson - Thoughts on who for FUE?

SammyD

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

It’s a but unfair to claim scarring is solely dependent on the surgeon. Scarring is also dependent on the individual. I’ve had three hair transplants all via FUE with Dr. Diep and this is my donor with a zero guard. Now, the scars are there, but not horrible especially at a zero guard with 5,300 grafts extracted. 

Like I said, just going by the few that I've seen since I've revisited the forum. Ultimately patterns emerge and I've seen others comment on Diep's donor sites as well, likely based on other procedures I haven't seen. Old saying, If 10 people say you have a tail, sooner or later you have to turn around and take a look. Meaning, there must be some truth to it. Glad yours isn't an issue though.

Edited by Since21

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

It’s a but unfair to claim scarring is solely dependent on the surgeon. Scarring is also dependent on the individual. I’ve had three hair transplants all via FUE with Dr. Diep and this is my donor with a zero guard. Now, the scars are there, but not horrible especially at a zero guard with 5,300 grafts extracted. 

0879EC74-9278-4680-99B0-FC7FD0EA184D.jpeg

8B826312-2463-4EC6-9A43-0924B60D9298.jpeg

You need to take clearer pics. But even with the blurry donor area you can see the scars quite clearly. Diep uses a noticeably larger punch and that is why his donor area scars are large, it's that simple. So really we aren't comparing the ability of surgeons when it comes to which clinc is better at using the same punch size. 

End of the day, both surgeons have great recipient yields.. if you want smaller donor scars, go to Hasson. It's not bc hassons technicians are better per se , but they choose to use smaller punches which results in smaller scars. 

Personally, I wouldn't get my hair cut as short as I do with diep sized scars as I'm already subconscious with mine the way it is now. 

Edited by Spidey
  • Like 1