Is this uncommon?

Hi all.

I'm a 24 year old guy and over the past month I've noticed that I've been losing a lot of hair daily. I think that it could be MPB so I went to my derm but he said he doesn't see any signs of it(he didn't do a miniaturization test though). I don't have bald spots or any visible thinning in areas but I still wasn't convinced since I have been still losing hair for the past couple of weeks as well.

But here's the weird thing.. I've noticed that most of the hair is falling out from the areas where people are NOT supposed to be going bald. icon_smile.gifFor example, if I tug the area on the back of my neck or the sideburns I noticed that way more hair are coming out rather than the area on top of my head, hairline, temples etc..

So, do you think this could be down to some other medical condition(I've read that iron deficiency and other things can cause this) rather than MPB?

Cheers,

Chris

Hi all.

I'm a 24 year old guy and over the past month I've noticed that I've been losing a lot of hair daily. I think that it could be MPB so I went to my derm but he said he doesn't see any signs of it(he didn't do a miniaturization test though). I don't have bald spots or any visible thinning in areas but I still wasn't convinced since I have been still losing hair for the past couple of weeks as well.

But here's the weird thing.. I've noticed that most of the hair is falling out from the areas where people are NOT supposed to be going bald. icon_smile.gifFor example, if I tug the area on the back of my neck or the sideburns I noticed that way more hair are coming out rather than the area on top of my head, hairline, temples etc..

So, do you think this could be down to some other medical condition(I've read that iron deficiency and other things can cause this) rather than MPB?

Cheers,

Chris

Chris24

I dont have an answer for you right now, but some of the facts that anyone who could answer this (like a doctor) would want to know include

1- stress - new job? relationship? loss of a loved one?

2- meds

3- altered eating habits? poor nutrition

4- smoking

5- new shampoo or hair products?

perhaps if you could provide some quick replies to the above it may help narrow in on the potential cause of your hair loss.

Also you may want to look at this posting:

Most common cause of hair loss

Chris,

If your Dermotologist has determined that there are no signs of MPB & your hair doesn't appear to be thinning, forget about it. And I mean that literally! Don't think about it, don't tug on it, don't check your comb or your shower drain.

MPB is obvious once it begins.

Get on with your life, you ae young only once. Time will come to worry about alot of things as you age. So don't waste time, energy or money worrying now. It is a waste of precious youth!

Take it from me, I am 51 yr's old.