Fine to Medium Hair

tberry

The Doctors that have actually seen me say my hair is medium to fine. I'm having between 2000-2500 FU with Dr. Shapiro in March. I'm trying to attach a couple of photos with this message. I realize that I will not have the same density as most and I'm OK with that, but I seem to have a good (large) donor area. I have a small slightly tufted area at the very front and a thinning band across the middle of my scalp. I've been on propecia for about 6 years and it seems to have arrested my hairloss. Of course we are going to start on the front first but I'm hoping to get some of the initial 2000-2500 in the crown also. I guess the only good thing about my hair being med to fine is that the hairline will look more natural. Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

The Doctors that have actually seen me say my hair is medium to fine. I'm having between 2000-2500 FU with Dr. Shapiro in March. I'm trying to attach a couple of photos with this message. I realize that I will not have the same density as most and I'm OK with that, but I seem to have a good (large) donor area. I have a small slightly tufted area at the very front and a thinning band across the middle of my scalp. I've been on propecia for about 6 years and it seems to have arrested my hairloss. Of course we are going to start on the front first but I'm hoping to get some of the initial 2000-2500 in the crown also. I guess the only good thing about my hair being med to fine is that the hairline will look more natural. Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

tberry,

Your hairloss sounds similar to mine. I too had the "dreaded tuft" forming. Damn that sucked.

It's gone now, and you'll have the same liberation awaiting you.

As for "hitting the crown" with 2000-2500, that will probably not be recommended unless you keep the new hairline very high and attach higher priority to the crown than establishing a thick frontal hair region.

Given a choice, most people would settle for a thinning crown and better density up front than a full crown and thinner up front. The choice is yours, but also realize that the crown on average takes more hairs per unit area to cover baldness than other areas of your scalp.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

-- If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

-- The truth only matters if you know about it.