post op with Dr. Epstein

Jay T

Hey all,

I'm on day 8 after a procedure with Dr. Epstein in Miami. All I can say is that it was a great experience and would recommend him whole heartedly. I had a total of 1821 fu's in the front third of my scalp and the scabs have come off. My question is that when the scabs came off, some of the transplanted hairs came out with them. I assume that's normal, but I just want to double check. So far, I've had minimal shock loss with the remaining hairs and the toppik I use is able to disguise the fact that I had the transplant at all. I'm getting the nylon sutures out in a couple days, but if anyway can give me a little feedback, I'll sleep a little bit better.

Hey all,

I'm on day 8 after a procedure with Dr. Epstein in Miami. All I can say is that it was a great experience and would recommend him whole heartedly. I had a total of 1821 fu's in the front third of my scalp and the scabs have come off. My question is that when the scabs came off, some of the transplanted hairs came out with them. I assume that's normal, but I just want to double check. So far, I've had minimal shock loss with the remaining hairs and the toppik I use is able to disguise the fact that I had the transplant at all. I'm getting the nylon sutures out in a couple days, but if anyway can give me a little feedback, I'll sleep a little bit better.

Jay T,

It is absolutley normal for hairs to come out with the scabs. As long as there is no bleeding.

This is your normal shedding, and will take about 3 months to start to regrow.

Don't be surprised if you do start to see more shedding. All part of the fun. icon_smile.gif

Are you taking any meds or using minoxidole? It is believed to help aid in the regrowth and help prevent shedding.

Hair be there....

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've been on propecia for a while now, and I'll be starting minoxidil 5% in the next couple of days (i was told to wait until the 10th day after surgery). Regarding the shedding, I just wanted to be sure that it was normal. As the scabs were coming out, one did start to bleed, and I'm assuming that I possibly lost that particular graft. No big deal, but I'm glad the rest of the shedding is normal...with more to come!! great. Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Phillyhair,

My overall experience with Dr. Epstein was fantastic. I'm barely 23, so I needed to go into this with a conservative approach. The hairline he gave me is exactly what I was going for and his office staff is great. It's very laid back and comforting....yet professional. I spoke with the Dr. on the phone several weeks prior to my procedure and felt really secure with him even then. Overall point, you can't go wrong with Dr. Epstein. He'll tell you what can and can't be done and will always be for your best interest. Hope this helps...best of luck.

Philly:

I just wanted to add my 2 cents re Dr. Epstein. I am about 12 weeks post surgery and the hair is growing in fast and furious. I had the same excellent experience with Dr. E as the other posters. I am in NY and was not impressed with anyone here. I was able to arrange my schedule to have almost 3 weeks off after surgery. I would say that by day 10 I would have been fine to go back.

I debated for a long time whether or not to do the HT but I am very glad I did. I don't think you will find anyone better than Dr. E. The hairlines on his web site are amazing. I flew to Miami to meet Dr. E and some patients before I signed up despite phone consults. The patients all looked great. He and his staff are very professional. Just do it. No need to look further that Dr. E

I am looking at around 2600 FU.

early NW5...But glad to know that all the patients you met are satisfied and it looks Natural.

I lookedat Bernstein and True...But then decided on Epstein as I think his hairlines are more Natural...

How is your scar....and have you looked at the scar of his patients. Are they fine.

Thanks

HT with Dr. Jeffrey Epstein

Dec. 17, 2004

3029 FU--NW5

Phillyhair,

In regards to your earlier question about being able to go back to work...it hasn't been a problem so far. I already had hair where the fu's were placed, so the toppik disguises everything nicely. I had the sutures taken out a couple days ago and trimmed the back of my hair with a # 2 and its not very noticeable. There's a little shock loss around the donar site, but, again, not a problem...someone did ask me about it and they believed my hat hair excuse. Depending on your situation, it hasn't been a problem hiding any sign of having the procedure...that's Dr. Epstein for you. Best of luck man.

• 4 weeks later...