Dandruff from Regaine Foam and HT

Hi guys 

I started using regaine foam about 6 weeks   ago and seems to be helping to stabilise my eyebrow hair loss. I have my 2nd eyebrow ht coming up in a few weeks which is mainly a touch up and fill in some gaps about 150/200 grafts. Now I don’t really have any itchiness or inflammation on my eyebrows but I do have small dry flakes and scaly bits. 

I have tried medicated dandruff shampoos such as neutragena T gel/sal shampoo as well as a mild tea tree and Nizoral once a week but not helping just seems to dry my eyebrow hairs out more. I use Coconut oil in the morning and leave on for 30min which does help a lot but not quite enough. 

My main concern is will my mild dandruff and small scaly dry skin effect hair growth from the transplant???

Out of interest has anyone else had a scalp hair transplant and had dandruff before having the surgery and still had great results?

Thanks for all your help in advance

Edited by ocean

IMHO, your mild dandruff and dry skin will not have a detrimental effect on the regrowth of your grafts.

I also like coconut oil and maybe use some rich aloe vera cream in conjunction with it.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On 8/3/2018 at 9:51 PM, gillenator said:

IMHO, your mild dandruff and dry skin will not have a detrimental effect on the regrowth of your grafts.

I also like coconut oil and maybe use some rich aloe vera cream in conjunction with it.

Hi Gillenator,

Thank you so much for your response.

My main concern is when I start regaine two weeks post eyebrow ht surgery will coconut oil inhibit or damage/hinder growth if left on for an hour a day? 

Was thinking of trying out aloe Vera also but I’m sure this does NOT damage or hinder any growth even if left in all day as a moisturiser?

Ocean,

You are welcome my friend.  No, I would not worry about either product having a negative impact on the regrowth of your brows because both are 100% natural and no chemical additives.

Rogaine as well as other minoxidil based products are loaded with alcohol and derivatives of it.  This is why some individuals experience dryness and itching and at times inflammation.

I think you will find the aloe to be cool and soothing.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY