Is Minoxidil After Hair Transplant Necessary In Your Experience?

Started this thread before but got limited answers. I will be having a HT with Dr. Rahal in less than 2 weeks, however I want to avoid the use of minox after the transplant as I believe it was affecting my skin, though he recommends it. Does anyone have some personal experience on how it generally affects the transplant? I know it speeds up growth, but does it affect overall yield and health of the grafts long term?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, spex said:

Its NOT a game changer at all so don't sweat it. Minox can cause serious shedding if not already a user and if you have found you can't tolerate it then avoid it post op as your scalp will have enough to deal with and the rewards do not warrant it in my opinion. It doesn't affect long term yield and only helps speed up growth slightly. Knowing Dr R he'll ease your concerns so just talk to him. Good luck.

Regards

Spex

wow spex, that is the answer I have been searching for this entire time. THANK you for that!

I will be sure to listen to him and let him know my concerns. Most likely, I will not be taking it. 

All the best