Dr. Resul Yaman or Dr. Koray Erdogan

Navsy

Dear all, 

First off a big thank you to the founders of this website as you have helped many become more informed and confident in both hair transplant and choosing a doctor.  

I am considering other than Dr. Koray Erdogan, namely Dr. Resul Yaman as he is a lot more cost effective.  Whereas doctor Erdogan charges 2.5 euros per graft, Dr Yaman is charging 1 euro per graft.  I reckon I will need around 3000-3500 grafts so the difference is 5250 euros.

I take on the advice from ALL senior members and admin in this forum and have learnt the key rule:  DO NOT consider price over quailty.  

Question:  Am I doing that if I choose to go with Dr. Yaman over Dr. Erdogan?  

Note: I have only heard about Dr. Yaman from some of the forum discussions.

Thank you in advance for your feed back.

Edited by Navsy

I found only middling reviews of Yaman (some good, some bad). I found only excellent reviews of Erdogan, so I chose him. Just returned from my HT and can tell you 100% I made the right choice. You can't go wrong with Erdogan. 

I chose to go with the doctor that I felt I would have the least amount of risk of having a less-than-great result, and for that reason I went with Erdogan. To me it was worth picking the one that would give me the highest likelihood of the outcome I am looking for. I felt that saving thousands of dollars may lead to an outcome that was not as good. Or at minimum, lead to me second guessing my results for years. That level of uncertainty in the long run was not worth the cost savings in the short run. 

22 hours ago, novakia7 said:

I found only middling reviews of Yaman (some good, some bad). I found only excellent reviews of Erdogan, so I chose him. Just returned from my HT and can tell you 100% I made the right choice. You can't go wrong with Erdogan. 

I chose to go with the doctor that I felt I would have the least amount of risk of having a less-than-great result, and for that reason I went with Erdogan. To me it was worth picking the one that would give me the highest likelihood of the outcome I am looking for. I felt that saving thousands of dollars may lead to an outcome that was not as good. Or at minimum, lead to me second guessing my results for years. That level of uncertainty in the long run was not worth the cost savings in the short run. 

How much did you pay in the end and for how many grafts? I think I need around 4500.

Dr. Karadeniz in Turkey charges the same as Yaman.  Karadeniz does all the work himself (FUE & FUT).  He's one of only 3 doctors in all of Turkey who does all the work himself.  Many have said great things about him.  He also possesses a PH.d.  He likes to use motorized extraction for FUE, whereas Erdogan's technicians use manual.  Manual is better, I think.  Tough choice.

Edited by True