Loosing Transplanted hair

Hi guys  ( Already Posted in a different section , But less response )

needed some advice had a HT 4 years back in the front and Midscalp  ( 3000 FUE ) , both the front hairline and Mid scalp were Bald .

Transplant grew in beautifully , but after the 1st year there has been a steady decline in the transplanted area as gradually the transplants are falling out creating a see through effect .

I know for sure its the Transplanted hair as the Native hair were never there in the Front and mid scalp .

I have never been on propecia , yet the initial growth was very good ,

Anyways facing similar issues kindly chime in ,  donor Miniaturization has been ruled out by my HT Doc .

It perplexes me to see the transplants fall out from the safe donor area , I have read a few previous posts here , but they have no definite Answer .

jolly,

In four decades, I have heard of this dilemma maybe 6 times.  And if the recipient area was barren of any native hair before the procedure, obviously they are lost grafts as you stated.

One opinion is that the grafts are in a prolonged dormant phase.  Have you tried using minoxidil on the area to see if that might jump start a new growth cycle?  I also heard of the use of laser therapy to stimulate a growth cycle.  Both approaches are based on the grafts being in a resting stage.

I was also wondering if you noticed any diffused loss before all of the hair left your scalp?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY