Transform - Dr Asim Shahmalak

sufs2000

Hello, is there anyone that has had any experience with Dr Asim Shahmalak with the company Transform in the UK?

I just turned 23 and have had a hair transplant with him in mid July this year and im currently going through the "ugly duckling" phase. I wish I found this site before I had my transplant just so I could have been a little more clued up with what was involved. I was so desperate to do something about my hair that I rushed into it. I was told I had around 3000 grafts but at the moment its hard to see whats going on up there but im keeping optimistic.

Im just going through an anxious stage at the moment and looking to find anyone with positive results from this doctor.

Ive been reading the post on this forum for a while now and its top notch, glad to see so many people with such good results icon_smile.gif

• 1 month later...

Hey, I had surgery 18m ago with Dr Shahmalak. I had about 2500 grafts - my surgery was under Crown Cosma Clinic. I must admit, the waiting after surgery felt like forever, but as soon as even 5 months had passed - I was really pleased at how natural I looked with my hair. It's just a waiting game am afraid - can't expect results overnight - it's a process as I now know. I was invited to go back in after 6 months with Dr Shahmalak, and my review was positive. icon_smile.gif

I agree - this forum is great - hat's off to the Docs who make this happen for people like us... icon_cool.gif

xxavier719,

Do you care to tell me why you and another forum member "Rokkstar" share the same IP address? You both happened to join on December 1st and share glowing reviews about this doctor on the same day?

I'll expect a viable explanation in the next 24 hours or I will assume you're both the same poster and conjuring fictitious experiences to promote Dr. Shahmalak. Thus, your post will be removed, as will your forum account.

Bill

Nice one Bill, cheeky trying to pull the wool over your eyes lol.

IMHO Farjo are the only clinic in the UK that can be trusted to give good results, If you had your surgery in July, the ugly duckling look should be gone by now.

Would you post some pics? It may help you to get others opinions, we know what goos surgery looks like.

• 1 month later...

I can set the record straight.

I used Dr shamalak through Transform medical a couple of years ago 2000 grafts

No results so far, i mean no new hair grew, and very nasty noticeable strip scar.

Pencil thin? only if you mean the thick end of the pencil. I went back to see him for a review. very un-sympathetic. don't use him please!!!!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey dude if you visit the Norton clinic website and look under the patient testimonials section it seems this doctor works or worked there... imo i would aviod at all costs

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

• 2 months later...
sufs2000 how is your new hair coning on, I ask because I am considering using Shalmalak

Hi there, did you go ahead with your proceedure with Dr Shahmalak? If so how did it go as I'm thinking of using him but a liitle concerned by other comments on this site..

Cheers

Hi there, did you go ahead with your proceedure with Dr Shahmalak? If so how did it go as I'm thinking of using him but a liitle concerned by other comments on this site..

Cheers

Hiya mate. I did not go ahead with a HT from Dr Shalmalak, I took the advice that was offered here and decided to indulge in some more research and take my time. I think I have an appointment for a consultation with one of the Farjo's back end of June (this month), but I've lost the email from Mick of Farjo, note to self contact Mick.

To be fair to Dr Shalmalak and I think I've mentioned this elsewhere on the forum before, when I had my consultation with him, he and the lady who was guiding me through my consultation with him, were very professional and not pushy. Dr Shalmalak was honest with me about my expectations and what results I could expect given my degree of hairloss (NW5/6) with no unrealistic promises. I found him fine and I think he is at the forefront of eye lash transplants in the UK for which he is well known. I simply decided to take my time and see more than one HT doc, I also had email contact with a couple of chaps who had HT's from him.

In the meantime I began using Nizoral shampoo in Jan of this year and then started using Rogaine 5% foam on May 12, but don't intend using propecia simply because I'm not one for ingesting chemicals into my body, just a personal OCD thing. I will continue to take my time whilst watching the World Cup, 70 plus football games in a month, heaven, COME ON ENGLAND!!! :)

Edited by ukbloke

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I am a doctor and I had hair transplant surgery about three months ago. The surgeon was Dr Asim Shahmalak of Crown Cosma Clinic. The surgery went really well. The surgeon and his team were very professional.

Dr. Shahmalak was also very friendly and sympathetic.

I am waiting for the results and will put up my pics once I get them.

Edited by FootballLover2010

Cheers UKBLOKE, I decided to do a little bit more research myself mate and take my time .. Thinking about a consultation with the FARJO outfit.. I here good things of them but have became so sceptical since coming on here.. Great site but just not sure what to believe given the fact its intimated all the time that dodgy posts are added... Anyway I must say that like you I found Dr Shalmalak a very nice man to meet with realistic approach to my condition and expectations etc however the few posts I read didnt give me confidence hence my decision like you to do some further research.. Thanks again to all...

• 1 year later...
Hiya mate. I did not go ahead with a HT from Dr Shalmalak, I took the advice that was offered here and decided to indulge in some more research and take my time. I think I have an appointment for a consultation with one of the Farjo's back end of June (this month), but I've lost the email from Mick of Farjo, note to self contact Mick.

To be fair to Dr Shalmalak and I think I've mentioned this elsewhere on the forum before, when I had my consultation with him, he and the lady who was guiding me through my consultation with him, were very professional and not pushy. Dr Shalmalak was honest with me about my expectations and what results I could expect given my degree of hairloss (NW5/6) with no unrealistic promises. I found him fine and I think he is at the forefront of eye lash transplants in the UK for which he is well known. I simply decided to take my time and see more than one HT doc, I also had email contact with a couple of chaps who had HT's from him.

In the meantime I began using Nizoral shampoo in Jan of this year and then started using Rogaine 5% foam on May 12, but don't intend using propecia simply because I'm not one for ingesting chemicals into my body, just a personal OCD thing. I will continue to take my time whilst watching the World Cup, 70 plus football games in a month, heaven, COME ON ENGLAND!!! :)

Hi UKbloke..would appreciate your advice re Dr Shamalak as I have met him also