Any FUE experience with Dr. Herbert Feinberg/Gregory Pistone/Thomas Griffin?

• Administrators

I have never heard of any of those physicians. Now that doesn’t mean they are bad, they may be good. However, I encourage to use this forum as a source of information. In addition, look at our “find a surgeon” tab on the top right corner. You can find recommended Surgeons by geographic location. I will say this, do not limit yourself by geographic location. You may need to travel to find the best surgeon that fits your needs. I encourage you to look at our “Surgeon reviews” section, this is where patients leave their unbiased reviews. You may find a doctor with consistently good reviews and results. Best wishes

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for the direction Melvin.

I searched for these 3 docs on this forum and could not find much. I find it strange that there is not info on them in spite of the fact that all 3 claim to have been in the business for 25+ years. Any reason to doubt the before/after pics on their website?

Edited by Melvin-HTsoon
Removed promotional links

• Administrators

As previously mentioned, I can’t speak personally on any of those doctors. Now that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re bad Surgeons. With that said, our community recommends surgeons who have already been vetted, and have a track record of consistent results. I see that Dr. Feinberg, is a recommend physician by our community, I would encourage you to look at our Surgeon review section, to find unbiased reviews with before and after photos provided by patients. You can type in Dr. Feinberg, by name and any threads with his name will pull up. Best wishes

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators

I don't know Thomas Griffin, but I do know that Dr Gregory Pistone has been doing hair transplants since around the early 1990s in Marlton, NJ. He never did really great work and even as recent as a few years ago he was still doing mini grafts, so I would stay away from him. He is actually a plastic surgeon and I think he does hair transplants part time as part of the whole plastic surgery business he has, so he's probably not keeping up with new techniques. Does he even offer FUE?

Dr. Herbert Feinberg is recommended on here, so I would definitely check him out.

From the Drs you mentioned I'm guessing you are in the South Jersey area. You should take a look at True and Dorin in NY. You don't have to drive in NY. They are located near the corner of 7th and 37th. If you take a NJ Transit bus to the NY Port Authority Bus terminal you'll be at 8th and 40th, so it's just a few blocks walk from there. I personally took a bus from Atlantic City. It's about a 2.5 hr ride up the parkway with one 5 minute stop in Toms River.

Alternatively you can take the train from the Trenton Transit Center to NY Pennsylvania Station. That will put you at around 33rd st and either 7th or 8th ave, so again it's just a few blocks walk to their office from there.

As I said I took the bus. For the consultation I went with someone and spent a nice day walking around NY since it's in the center of Manhattan and the consultation only takes a short time, so why not make a day of it.

For the actual procedure I booked a hotel room for 2 nights. Just find one located between the bus terminal (or train station if you take the train) and their office. I got there the day before and stay the night, so I can be at the office early morning for the procedure. Then afterwards I spend another night in the hotel and walk back for a cleaning the next morning and then back to the hotel, get my luggage bag and walk to the Port Authority bus terminal and take the bus back. It's pretty easy really.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.